Warning - Graphic - My VSG wounds 5 days post op

smbergie200
on 8/28/11 5:27 am - Naples, FL
Never really saw any good posts with pics of fresh laparoscopic scars. Hope this helps some curious folks get an idea exactly what they are in for. They don't hurt. My abdominals are a bit sore when I try to get up, but other than that things are healing nice. As you can see they are starting to bruise which means they are healing. The shiny stuff you see on them is Steri Strips. They are surgical strips which hold the wounds shut instead of stitches. They will fall of on their own.

This is where the stomach was pulled out. (above pic)

This is where the drain was (above pic)

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Sandy S.
on 8/28/11 6:10 am
Thanks for sharing.  I would have loved to have seen them before my surgery.  Yours are positioned a little differently than mine, but look pretty much the same.

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
twellington1
on 8/28/11 7:54 am - NH
Thank you very much for posting these pictures. My surgery is tomorrow and my biggest anxiety right now is all the unknowns and this was helpful.  :-)  Glad you are doing well

smbergie200
on 8/28/11 8:21 am - Naples, FL
You will do great. The worst part is if you are lucky enough like me to get gas pain. Some people don't so maybe you will be one of the lucky ones. If you do you just walk it off which sucks, but it will pass. It happened to me on the 3rd day after surgery. Take care - will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Could_It_Be
on 8/28/11 8:45 am
Looking pretty good, but that shiny stuff is glue NOT steri strips :)

VSG on 6/22/11
C. Champion
on 8/28/11 8:58 am - Minneapolis, MN
I am a bruiser, my incisions had huge bruises around them it was nasty! They are fading now tho.
If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you've always got!
Highest Wt 344, Starting Wt 311, Surgery Wt 298, 1st Goal Wt 200.     

dianna0912
on 8/28/11 9:09 am - TX
good pics!  My incisions are twice as big but they're not bad.
          HW-327  SW-267  GW-175       VSG-08/25/11

jojoslim
on 8/28/11 10:35 am
Your incisions look great!  I am two weeks today and some of mine look the same but a couple still have pus cominf out of them a bit.  I tend to heap slowly though and I popped in to show my surgeon on Friday and he wasn't worried.

Memak
on 8/28/11 3:13 pm
VSG on 06/18/12
Altho your scars number a couple more, and some are in a bit different locations, they very much resemble my scars from my gall bladder removal.

(I'm hoping to have SVG in early spring, 2012.)
bersjourney
on 8/28/11 4:55 pm
Thank you for sharing these pictures. Wishing you a speedy healing
  Ber HT: 5'0 ~ 1st GW: 199 "My journey starts within myself."
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op