Sleeved yesterday and in pain today

Fangirl_says
on 9/15/11 5:39 am - NC
I feel pretty bad. Severe nausea and gas pain even though I am walking every chance I get. I honestly did not expect it to hurt this much. On the plus side, they are giving me good meds, and I passed my leak/swallow test. Surgeon says everything looks good. I didn't think I was such a wise but I guess I am. Prayers and positive thoughts are much appreciated.

acbbrown
on 9/15/11 5:59 am - Granada Hills, CA
Gas pains are the worst! I thought the whole "cutting and removing major organs" would hurt but hell no - it's the gas!!!

It'll get better - I promise.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

shellaylee23
on 9/15/11 6:01 am - MI
They gave me infant gas drops under my tongue and a couple other anti nausea meds at first in my IV then by mouth that helped a ton. You just really need to state that you are feeling this way to the nurses and that you want them to request something for you to take for it. The severe gas and nausea passed by within 2 days and I felt much better so it will be okay!  Will pray for you and keep you in my thoughts!

Michelle

Jennifer_160
on 9/15/11 6:04 am
Sending thoughts and prayers your way. I have read that some people take gas strips, might want to check with your doctor. Glad you have good meds! Excited for you!! You did it!

Surgery date: 10/18/2011

MyOwnSunshine
on 9/15/11 6:10 am
I'm one day ahead of you, and the gas pains are definitely the worst.  Try changing positions frequently -- that seemed to help a little for me.  My nausea went away when I started constantly sipping on warm beverages.  Try sipping on unsweetened herbal tea -- so far that seems to provide my stomach the most comfort. 

I also found that switching from Morphine to Lortab Elixir made me feel LOTS better.  I hadn't taken any since last night, but started getting miserable with gas pain in my upper back again, so I just took some and feel so much better.  Don't try to be tough -- take all the meds you can have.  Sip, walk, rest and then do it all over again. 

I feel ten times better today than I did yesterday.  I'm starting to worry about what I'm going to do for the next two weeks to keep myself amused.  I'm bored already.  LOL
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Zippydoo
on 9/15/11 7:00 am
I am so sorry to read about your pain.  I have not had the surgery yet but I did have a lap. hysterectomy last year and the gas was terrible.  Just know that by the time a week is over with you will be much better and in two weeks you probably won't have much gas at all.  Rest, sip, walk and repeat.
Happy966
on 9/15/11 7:16 am

Everybody said each day gets better, and that was certainly my experience.  You will be amazed how good you feel soon!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 359 views