4 months out & found out I'm pregnant...

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 5:05 am
I had a friend years ago who was nearly SMO and pregnant. Her Drs actually helped her lose weight during her preg, she came out the other size much smaller than when she conceived, with a very healthy kid! So, yes, eating for two (esp when already overweight) is so not the case!
Ms Shell
on 11/2/11 9:06 am - Hawthorne, CA
It's so absolutely true.  I've known several morbidly obese friends who didn't gain but lost under the watchful eye of their doctors of course and delivered wonderful healthy babies!!

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

jennay80
on 11/2/11 4:11 am - Elmore, OH
 Congrats to you!!!  You'll do fine, just eat every few hours and drink MUCH more now  :)  Hugs!!!!

leisac
on 11/2/11 6:24 am - Australia
RNY on 07/10/13
There was a lady on here the other day in exactly the same boat- about 3 months out and up the duff. There were a few negative comments in that discussion but also lots of good advice too. Think it was about 4 or 5 days ago now and the heading for the thread didn't immediately imply that it was pregnancy related. If I get a chance will try and look back through and see if I can find link for you. All the best for a safe and healthy pregnancy.
leisac
on 11/2/11 6:40 am - Australia
RNY on 07/10/13
Found the link to the thread I was talking about and also discovered another one about someone else being newly pregnant also. Maybe you can all friend each other and compare notes, experiences, etc. Just try and extract the useful information (especially from the 1st post) and ignore that which is not constructive.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4466090/Oh-no-what-to- do-im-6weeks-pregnant-and-its-been-3months/#36940611

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4466801/OH-my-word-I-a m-pregnant/

Marcia B.
on 11/2/11 7:06 am - CA
Thank you for finding the links I appreciate it :)
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

hrford
on 11/2/11 6:48 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 My last pregnancy I lost weight working with my OB and my PCM during my pregnancy.  I started at 229lbs and I was 209lbs when my daughter was born (unfortunately I went to but on 60lbs after but I hadn't had any surgery).  I would work closely with your OB, NUT and your PCM to ensure propper nutrition for you (the baby will take what it needs) and you should be able to continue to lose (albeit much slower****il your 3rd trimester.  Or course if you breastfeed that is GREAT to help with weight loss after the baby is born.

You ARE NOT eating for two.  Please dont let anyone tell you that.  A "normal" person only needs about 150-250 calories extra a day, and you have plenty of fat stores to help make up that difference.  What you need to worry about is your nutrients.  

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

asweetiepye
on 11/2/11 6:51 am
Congrats to you! Wow as wonderful news as that is I hope not to get that shock. I have 4 kids and I am very bad about taking my BCPs.
I went to the dr the other day for a consult to get my tubes tied. MD said no. He is very pro vasectomy. He basically told me that I am too fat to do the procedure. I have lost 70 pounds since I last saw him. I have an appointment next week to see about getting the Essure to block my tubes. I am so hoping I am not preggo my friend is due to come this week.
Marcia B.
on 11/2/11 7:08 am - CA
Thank you all - I have talked to my weight loss office and I have an appointment with my surgeon and my nut tomorrow :) and I saw my PCP  and she sent a referral for a really good OB/GYN and she told me to ask if they felt comfortable dealing with someone in my situation :) so I have taken all your info into consideration and I feel much more prepared and I will definitely not be eating for two lol but I will stay on my healthy diet and get what exercise I am allowed to do.  I really do love this site and all the help and advice and encouragement.  Thank you each so very much.
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

MochaGal
on 11/2/11 8:06 am
CONGRATULATIONS!!!  How exciting!!!  Wonderful news!  :D 
During the time I was going through my beginning weight management program, I became pregnant.  I was REAL concerned as I had just begun losing weight and was very excited about my first 35 lbs after not having lost weight in years.  I worked with all the doctors (OB/GYN and the whole weight management team) to make sure I ate correctly and not the usual "eating for two" where you go overboard, etc.  They made sure I just ate enough and that my goal was that I didn't gain more than 30lbs.  I was journaling and keeping track of my exercising as usual. 
You will do GREAT!  Work with everyone and everything will work for you!  Congrats again!! 
Most Active