when does post-op soreness go away?

BETHC500
on 11/20/11 2:45 am
I am 2 weeks post op and I still have one sore area. I only feel it when i first get up, when I roll on my side or strech etc.  When does it stop giving me that twinge of pain?

46_11tobeme
on 11/20/11 2:49 am - NJ
 I am 4 weeks post op and I only get a slight twinge once in a while now. Much better than at 2 or 3 weeks.

rhearob
on 11/20/11 2:50 am - TN
 I was sleeved on 11/2.  I had one incision that was tender for a while.  My surgeon told me it was the larger incision that they pulled the stomach through.  It doesn't hurt me any more and I barely have any scabbing on my incisions.  

If we heal at about the same rates, i'd say probably another week or two.
ready2Bhealthy2
on 11/20/11 2:52 am
It was about 4 weeks before I felt like me again.  I went back to work almost immediately though, so I'm sure that slowed things down a bit.  Just don't ru****
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
BETHC500
on 11/20/11 2:57 am
I went back to work on day 10 post op. probably should have waited at least another week.  I was finally able to sleep laying down with a few pillows proped under my shoulders. It felt awesome.  It gets better each day but I feel so tired....

tillmadd
on 11/20/11 4:13 am - WI
 Beth- I think I was sleeved the same day as you 11/7...i still feel my large incision when i move certain ways. I sleep fine. I cannot imagine going back to work for at least 2 more weeks. How can you do it?
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

BETHC500
on 11/25/11 9:09 am
Were only two days difference, I was sleeved on 11/5.  I had special cir****tances and had to go back to work early. I work at a desk for the next few months so It was ok. I just felt sooooooo tired the first week back and i wasn't sleeping good til this week really. I was finally able to sleep laying down comfortably. It was lovely. This last week was ok for work. Better everyday...

Punkin Bugg
on 11/20/11 1:05 pm

They said one incision would be the most sore -- upper right hand side -- and it was/is.  I have a high tolerance to pain, so when I "hurt" - it means I get stiff & quit moving.  Of course moving makes the soreness go away, but I was too stiff to move and it became a vicious cycle a couple of times.  I had to make sure to take a little pain medication before I took my showers, before doing a lot of walking & at bedtime.  On the days that I took nothing, I sat all day.  I work from home, so sitting at a computer all day is doable, just not a good choice, and I hurt more the next day.    Bottom line:  Manage your pain so you can do more, but don't take so much that it knocks you out!

shellnsons
on 11/21/11 3:13 am
I'm a lil over two weeks out surgery 11/05 still a lil sore as well. My 1st day back to work is today..feeling a lil tired but I want to start working out today as well...only about 30 low impact treadmill or elleptical.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views