Suggestions on Hair loss Please, what you did!!!

SleeveRockn Chic
on 1/17/12 12:03 am
 My hair is falling out crazy now and I feel like I am starting to look bald in the front. What can I do???  I thought about hair extensions or a real nice wig but both are pretty expensive for me right now.  I am very attached to my hair, It's always been my thing but now it's coming out in handfuls. Ughhh please give me your suggestions or what has worked for you. Thanks, Kerry

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  
 HW: 365lbs.  SW:353  CW:182.4  GW:160 lbs.
Goal 1: Get under 300 (Reached as of 11/15/2011 299.4 Baby) 
Goal 2- Get under 200 (Reached as of 08/29/2012 199.2 Baby) 
Goal 3- Get to 160

tristak
on 1/17/12 12:13 am
Unfortunately this is all part of the process.  You may want to consult your hairdresser and see what they suggest.  It may be something as simple as a new style.  Like you my hair was always my thing and I was blessed with super thick hair and when it started falling out it freaked me out too.  The only people that really noticed the difference were me and my hairdresser.  We took a few inches off and stopped thinning it out and it worked out for me.  People on here talk about things like biotin, hair thickening shampoos/treatments, etc - but honestly I think you just have to wait it out.  Your hair will come back...mine has and the new growth is much smoother and less frizzy.

5'2"
HW - 310/SW 300/Day of Surgery 293.2/CW - 182.2 (2/26/19), fleur de lys abdominoplasty 2/12/19 - removed 8lbs of skin from abdomen.

SleeveRockn Chic
on 1/17/12 12:29 am
 Thank you. I hope so it's just freaking me out right  now.  When I look in the mirror I'm seeing patches and it's driving me nuts lol.  I wonder how much more I can lose before I'm bald lol  I stopped wearing my hair with bangs and I am trying to grow them out now.  They were looking super thin so I sweep them to the side thinking that would help but now I'm starting to see patches without bangs.  I guess it's a process with weight loss we go through it just has me freaking out with so much changing.  Kerry

Goal 3- Get to 160

peepster47
on 1/17/12 12:38 am
I did have the hair loss and did panic like you.  I bought Nutri-Ox and could tell a difference in the thickness of my hair after the first use.   This is generic for  Ni-Oxin which everyone recommended but much cheaper and worked the same.  I found it at Sally's Beauty Supply.   Just a suggestion as this seemed to help me.  After about 2 months, the hair loss stopped so there is light at the end of the tunnel.  This may help though during this time.
PrettyEyes_41
on 1/17/12 1:15 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
I haven't been sleeved yet but have been reading everyone's posts for about a month now. I do remember seeing several about hair loss and the need to increase one's protein to help reduce that. Hope it helps.
Paige V.
on 1/17/12 2:21 am - Gainesville, FL
girl, me and you both. My is coming out by the handfuls and I can see the outline of my scalp now. It is very depressing. I am doing Nioxin, but it does not seem to be helping and even makes my hair dryer. My scalp is also tender where the hair is coming out.....its terrible!

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

SleeveRockn Chic
on 1/17/12 3:28 am
 Thank you for letting me know.   I was searching online for things. I already take biotin before all this loss so I can tell you that doesn't stop it.  Whether it helps the regrowth well that's yet to be seen lol.  So I found something about castor oil, lots of good reviews on this.  Gonna try it and see, ordered some today.  Can't hurt and cheaper than extensions right now lol  Here's hoping.  Kerry 

Goal 3- Get to 160

Kayseegee
on 1/17/12 3:31 am
Mine is fall out now, it took till 6months for it to start. All I know is wait it out! More protien is going to help from everything iv read. Good luck and happy days are ahead!!
Heather D.
on 1/17/12 4:01 am - Austin, TX
I don't remember how far out I was when mine started falling out, but it sure did. It lasted for 8 months - a year. I don't remember exactly. I just tried not to stress over it. I didn't do anything particular for it, I don't know if anything really could've helped. They say Biotin helps. I'm sure I was about the only one who noticed. But... now that it's coming back it's curlier now than ever, which is kinda cool.

Karen-Adventure
on 1/17/12 4:36 am
OMG, I know what you mean.  Mine is falling out so heavily.  I knew I would lose some but wow.  My hairdresser noticed it this past weekend and said that if I increased my fat content it would slow down but that defeats the purpose of this whole thing so... Let me know how your ideas work.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views