Gutted!

Avererage
on 2/9/12 9:06 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/15/12

I was scheduled for surgery yesterday.  Spent the entire day anxious as hell waiting at the hospital.  No food no drink.  At 5:45 I was told that the surgery was cancelled.  It was a complication before me I believe.

I am waiting for someone to call me this morning to reschedule.
Problem is I just don't feel I can do it.  I cannot take one more Optifast shake. I have been on a liquid diet only for the last three weeks.  The last few were actually  impossible. I just gagged.   I have been off my anti-inflammatories for a week and truly ache all over.  I am feeling miserable.

I don't want to give up or I wouldn't bother posting.  I just don't know how to keep going.

specialone
on 2/9/12 10:14 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12
First of all let me give you a big OH HUG!!!!!!! I'm sure it was fustrating to say the least! You have came to far to give up but I would be calling my surgeon's office twice a day until I get a date!!!!! Please keep us posted!!!
Daisy_Rose
on 2/9/12 10:45 pm
 Oh my!  How traumatic for you!  Like the previous poster, please let us give you virtual hugs and encouragement.  Stay strong and keep talking on the forum.  Vent away, we can take it!!

SouthernmostStar
on 2/9/12 11:16 pm
VSG on 01/25/12
Big, big hugs.  I can certainly understand how traumatic this is, but please don't give up.   If you can't get an optifast shake down, then sip on clear liquids just to keep hydrated.  Tell yourself you can do anything you need to in order to get to the surgery.

You've put in so much effort and come so far, do not give up.  This is a bump in the road, not an insurmountable obstacle!  Once you have the surgery and are in recovery, the pain meds will also take care of the other aches and pains. 

You can do it.  Really!

Hugs again,
Mary

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tirza T.
on 2/9/12 11:16 pm
VSG on 01/17/12
I am so sorry this happened to you. That really sucks! But, keep your head up. Don't throw away all of the hard work you put in over the last three weeks. You will continue with the liquid after the surgery for a while as well, so just try to chalk it up as part of the process. I had some ups and downs of waiting for a surgery date, but nothing quite as dramatic as what happened to you. Don't fret, think positive and go over all the reasons you decided to do this in the first place. And like the others who posted before me: Vent as much as you need if that is going to make you feel better. But don't give up because you are worth it! Good luck and I wish you the BEST!

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
seanbear66rn
on 2/10/12 12:29 am - Dracut, MA
VSG on 04/06/12
 A reschedule surgery should become a priority. How far are you from the hospital? You maybe able to go to  the "On Call" . I hope you are able to gat a date soon.....If not consider scheduling out a couple of weeks.....take a break and then get ready again. It might be easier to do that....I AM SO SORRY THAT REALLY SUCKS
Sean  

YOU CANNOT GIVE SOMEONE HELP........YOU CAN OFFER HELP,  IT IS UP TO THE OTHER PERSON TO ACCEPT  OR REJECT IT !!!

gonersmom
on 2/10/12 12:34 am
Hugs, and more hugs!

It is always darkest before the dawn. Hang in there...it will be worth it, altho that wait makes you wonder about it all.

As someone else suggested, call your surgeon and get a new date ASAP....and also ask them for some of the liquid Vicodan that you will more than likely use after surgery NOW. Explain/remind them that you are miserable without your meds and need something NOW.

Best wishes, and keep us posted!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Avererage
on 2/10/12 1:22 am - Canada
VSG on 02/15/12
Thanks for your support.  I feel like I am hanging by a thread.  I just had an Opti-fast drink and manage to drink it all.   I am pleased.    I am still waiting to hear from somebody about rescheduling.  I feel sooooooooo foul just waiting here.  I tried to call but was told the coordinator was unavailable.  I will be fit to be tied if nobody gets back to me before the weekend.  Thanks again for being here!!!!  I don't think my regular friends, though very well meaning, get just how difficult these last few weeks have been.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 383 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 418 views