PrOtEiiN ShOtS????

bbypdog
on 2/27/12 2:19 pm - los angeles, CA
VSG on 03/08/12
sooo,
i was researching these new whey protein shots and i think is a perfect way to get all or at least half of my protein in..

now my question is "do they really work"??

i heard by an unreliable source,
that my sleeve wont absorb the protein as it should and I'm on here to see your oppinion...??

you long time sleeve-rs got any advice on em??? 
doggz109
on 2/27/12 2:34 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
ThEy R cRaP.  dO nOt UsE tHeM.

Seriously - they are a protein "blend".  You need a solid whey protein isolate.
bbypdog
on 2/27/12 2:44 pm - los angeles, CA
VSG on 03/08/12

really??
i was seriously looking forward to using them...
 i just think it would be way easier if i just intake most of my days required protein in the morning and just keep on integrating the rest throughout the day...

doggz109
on 2/27/12 2:53 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Protein shakes.....is what you need for the first few weeks.  You can then slowly start moving into mushy/soft protein foods.

Eventually you should be able to get all your protein from food (hopefully).

Protein shots are a gimmick and you won't absorb very much from them.  Try these brands:  Unjury, Nectar, Premier.  You can order some sample packs cheap in advance and try them out.

Does Dr. Kelly have an after care program or at least some paperwork or guidance for you?
bbypdog
on 2/27/12 3:11 pm - los angeles, CA
VSG on 03/08/12
i believe he does have an after program...
but I'm a week and a half away from surgery and i haven't purchased anything...
I'm lost!
jacreasy
on 2/28/12 3:52 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 Hey have any of you heard of  PROSTAT? its liquid and its about 31g give or take of Protein per shot of maybe 1-2oz.  We give it to our patients at work (Dialysis) that have very low protein and our labs show it does bring it up. Has any one else tried it, I'm not sleeved yet but was just wondering.  You can buy it on-line and in the weight loss books along with all the other sources of protein that come in the mail if you sign up for it????

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

tripmom02
on 2/28/12 4:02 am - NJ
 It's collegen based, no good for us.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

emelar
on 2/28/12 4:08 am - TX
Prostat ingredients:

Ingredients: Hydrolyzed Kosher Collagen Protein, Filtered Water, Fructose, L-Tryptophan, Citric Acid, Flavor,
Sucralose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate and Phosphoric Acid. Lactose Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free.

Nothing but skin.
(deactivated member)
on 2/27/12 3:22 pm
Doggz is right - they are utter crap. Made with collagen protein. Doesn't get absorbed. Total rip off.

If you don't want to do the internet order thing.... go to GNC and try some of their protein drinks & powders. If you buy from GNC and don't like it, they will take an open package back and give you a refund.

I use the GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme chocolate protein.  - 20 grams protein, 4 carbs per scoop. Not too sweet either!

bbypdog
on 2/27/12 3:40 pm - los angeles, CA
VSG on 03/08/12
thanks for the replyz,
i am going to consider that, altho i dont like chocolate, i believe they must have other god flavors...

now, idk if any of you have ever hard of the herbalife protein shakes,
i love the flavor but i wonder if they're any good for my future sleeve
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views