tell me about stalls

indra35
on 2/28/12 2:45 am
a little confussed about what you guys call stalls i wonder if thats what im in the scale has not moved in a month. if this is what im in please tell me how to get out of it or get it to pass.
acbbrown
on 2/28/12 3:13 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Usually around a month if you are actively trying to lose weight and the scale hasn't moved - you may or may not be in a stall. You have to re-evaluate how much/what you're eating and how much your moving. 

Without any details it's impossible to say. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Pooch2
on 2/28/12 4:10 am
There real, they suck and if you stay on plan, they will go away....that's all the experience I have so far. 

Well I wanna say one more thing; a stall is like the devil, a lying piece of scat... the truth nowhere to be found..trying to deceive you that you cant do this, that you did all this for nothing and your still going to fail again and you might as well get some cheesecake out of the deal........oh wait, that's just my stinking thinking...  this too shall pass........ 
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
indra35
on 2/28/12 4:13 am
thank you thats to funny ill keep that in mind
Kevin H.
on 2/28/12 4:18 am, edited 2/28/12 4:20 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 I would go over it with your nutritionist in detail with a food log journal so they can look and see what your eating.  I was concerned about this "stall" too yesterday when I met with her and she mentioned that "stalls" mostly only happen with bypasses after someone has lost over 100 lbs or whatever.  That it is not nearly as common with a sleeve and I should look to my exercise to improve my weight loss.  Somehow I don't think that just eating less is doing everything that you can do to loose weight.  Pretty much everyone knows that you should burn calories as well.

I'm sure many people will disagree with this but I'm just saying what I was told.  I have done 1 1/2 miles on the treadmill today so far and plan to get on it again later this evening.  Weight loss has GOT to include some sort of exercise from what I know.  I have not been doing hardly any up till today so now this should get things moving the way I want them too .. down (on the scale.)

Happy966
on 2/28/12 4:29 am

In theory, if you eat X and expend Y calories during the day, you will weigh Z.  But this is individual, changes with time, and is really true only over the long term.  And this is truest for people who aren't actually losing weight.

My experience has been that our individual metabolisms are funky things, especially if you're running a calorie deficit (trying to losing weight).  The weight we want to lose if fat, but a lot of our fluctuations are made up of water. 

I couldn't tell when you had surgery.  How much are you still trying to lose?  It definitely slows down as you get smaller.  If you were losing well before, and the scale is stuck and you haven't changed anything, then it will probably pass.  You have to look at all parts of the equation to decide.

If you post your food and activity, I'm sure folks can help you sort it out!!  Hope that helps.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/12 5:54 am
Are you keeping a detailed journal of the calories, carbs and proteins that you are eating?  Without this information, it is impossible to give you any advice except to tell you that one of two things is happening.  1) You really are in a stall, and you are losing inches rather than pounds right now and if you just keep doing what you are doing, the stall will break.  2) You have discovered your maintenance level and if you want to lose more, you need to decrease calories and carbs, increase protein and increase exercise.  The only way to know which of the two scenarios is the right one for you is to see your food log. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views