Almost passed out!

Teresa H.
on 3/4/12 7:08 pm
 OK....so this is a new one for me.  Don't know if being sleeved had anything to do with this , or not.  I was just sitting here playing a game and all of a sudden I felt like I was going to pass out!  Everything stared going black and I shook it off!!   WTH??????    Has this happened gto anyone else?

Teresa H.
on 3/4/12 7:15 pm
 BTW....I checked my blood sugar immediately after and it was good.  

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/12 7:38 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
are you on blood pressure medication?  if so you might have to go to the doctor to get it adjusted.
how much fluid & calories are you getting per day? 

you shook it off, do you mean you like got up and moved around?  if so probably blood pressure right?  gotta get it going if you have been sitting for a while lol.  (this happens to me and i think it's from going low sometimes when im laying down and get up, i get all dizzy and disoriented like i'm going to faint.)

i have not had this from surgery though.  might wanna check with your doc if it happens again or often.

Teresa H.
on 3/4/12 7:51 pm
 No. Not on BP medication.  That's about the only normal thing about me!  LOL!!!   When I said "I shook it off"  I meant it started going going black all around me, like tunnel vision, but before it went completely black my eyesight went back to normal.   It's just very strange, I did not feel faint or disoriented.  I hope it was just a fluke and does not happen again!

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/12 8:24 pm, edited 3/4/12 8:25 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
do you get migraines? (could be silent migraines with weird auras)
have you had your eyes checked lately? (sometimes if your optic nerve is inflammed this can happen)
could be vasovagal presyncope (if it happens again sqeeze ur buttcheeks and thighs really hard lol)

there are so many things it coud be.

i think there have been posts on here where people have almost fainted after surgery.  not sure what their dx was. 

if i were you i'd definitely get some labwork done and make sure you are eating and drinking enough in the meantime.

hope it never happens again though!

Phatchick
on 3/4/12 8:24 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Are you drinking enough water and getting all your vitamins? Are you getting enough food? When is the last time you had your bp checked? It sounds like low BP or perhaps electrolyte imbalance. If it happens again, you should call your doc. Have a great day. Sharon 

Teresa H.
on 3/5/12 7:09 am
 Checked my bp this morning.....it was in the normal range.  I believe it was from not staying as hydrated as I should have this past weekend.

Georgie Mayhem
on 3/5/12 10:54 am - New Zealand
go check with your doctor, anemia??, bloodpressure, dehydration.
better safe than sorry

sunnymicki
on 3/5/12 11:24 am
I'm glad that you are ok now, but I agree that you should call your doctor.  At minimum I would think he or she would want to check your labs.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views