It's now turned into gagging!

loser2be
on 3/9/12 8:49 am - CA
VSG on 03/02/12
 I have tried gnc chocolate ,strawberry & vanilla.  I have tried strawberry kiwi ( syntrax).  I can get about half an ounce down then I gag and puke.  I have held my nose to kill the smell... Can someone help me...  Oh I tried the costco premiere also.....HELP PLZ

Jill

hwag5149
on 3/9/12 8:56 am
How are you doing on your other liquids? Maybe you aren't ready for such thick fluids yet.... then again the syntrax isn't thick... the costco doesn't have the same smell or taste as the others. You tried it cold? There are "unflavored" ones that I used to put in my broth and I would put it in a coffee cup with the lid so I couldn't see the stuff or smell it. It wasn't too bad. Unjury has a chicken broth. A lot of people love it. I didn't like it that much because you can't make it too hot. They sell individual servings online.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Jaybee766
on 3/9/12 9:02 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
Hi,
Do you mix with milk?  For me, it's better if I mix them with plain soy or almond milk (not the vanilla kind) to cut some of the sweetness.  It's really hard to do the ones mixed with water and the strawberry kiwi is just plain NASTY regardless.  I bought the sample pack of Nectar's and can tolerate the vanilla one the best.  Also the Unjury vanilla or chocolate - again with plain soy or almond milk. 

So sorry to hear about your struggles..... :-(
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

Jamie_45
on 3/9/12 9:05 am - CA
VSG on 01/09/12
I totally feel your pain!  I too could not drink ANY protein drinks.  I blamed it on drinking so many during pre-op, but the truth is my taster just changed so dramatically after surgery.  I struggled to get in my protein, but luckily my Doc only required 30-40 grams/protein those first 2 weeks.  I used mostly Unjury during that time.  Both the unflavored (in yogurt) and the Chicken Soup.  It will get better and I find now at 2 months out I can tolerate a protein shake about once a week and I'm loving the Quest protein bars.  Hang in there!

Texasteacher68
on 3/9/12 9:12 am - TX
 I use GNC chocolate. I mix it with 1/2 coffee and 1/2 milk. I poor the coffee in my shaker cup and add about 1/2 t of unsweetened cocoa powder and a splash of cinnamon. Then I add milk and 1 1/2 scoops protein powder. Shake it a lot, pour into large coffee cup, heat back up in microwave and ENJOY! I could drink it all day!

SamanthaG
on 3/9/12 9:25 am - La Vergne, TN
Revision on 02/06/12
I can't drink any flavor that is mixed with water.  I like unsweetened almond milk.
Highest weight 297; lowest lapband wt 218; highest regain: 261; lapband removal/ VSG OR weight:240

Could_It_Be
on 3/9/12 9:26 am
 I can't stand Unjury, Syntrax, GNC or any of the others most on here rave about. The ONLY protein I can stomach is the EAS chocolate powder. I used to be able to buy it at Wal Mart or Sam's but can only order it from Amazon now. 

Keep trying, you'll find something you can keep down (notice I didn't say "like")

VSG on 6/22/11
Krissykitty
on 3/9/12 9:27 am - Cookeville, TN
VSG on 03/15/12
DON'T even attempt the Pure Protein brand from Kroger... Disgusting
moringdawn
on 3/9/12 10:07 am
VSG on 07/11/12
 I just got some free samples at Chike and I made a chocolate bliss and it was great and it did not have a smell to it. You need to order from Chike and get 5 free flavors to try. You do pay for S&H $6.95.
moringdawn
on 3/9/12 10:12 am
VSG on 07/11/12
 I would mix it with half water and half skim milk...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views