anyone know anything about Blossom bariatrics?

valentinoAB
on 4/19/12 11:30 pm
 Just wondering if anyone has  any info on
Blossom bariatrics in Nevada ?

Lisa S.
on 4/20/12 4:05 am - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
Hi. I have been going there since September. They are great. Not too thrilled with Diana, the insurance coordinator. She doesn't seem the type to fight for you if the insurance denies. But Dr. Umbach is amazing. He is genuine and a great bedside manner. They are really good about making sure you have all the info you need. Mindi (not sure of spelling) is great too. And she just had a revision from band to sleeve. So she is a source for questions. The support groups are great too. There is another one next week as a matter of fact. You should come!! They have submitted for my surgery with May 30th date. So I am praying. I think you will be happy. Desert Springs is his hospital of choice. But I know a patient of his that had her procedure at Mountain View. Let them know Lisa Schmidt referred you.

valentinoAB
on 4/20/12 11:05 am
 This is great info... I live in Va and will be going for surgery
In June  I would love to come to a support group
If I lived closer!!!

ginag70
on 4/20/12 6:51 am
Hi, I am a patient of  Dr Umbach. I was sleeved on 11/30 and as of today I have lost 91lbs. He is a great doctor, so compationate and understanding. He really cares about his patients! I find the staff very helpful.
I follow his plan and am doing fine!

If u have any questions feel free to message me!

Gina
valentinoAB
on 4/20/12 11:15 am
 Gina.... Thank you for being willing to talk to me
I have a TON of questions.... I will be getting surgery
At his surgical center then staying the week end 
In Vegas until he gives me the ok to go home the following
Monday. What were the first 3 days like after your 
Surgery????  Was there much pain? What have been
Your biggest struggle? And is there anything that
Made your weight loss go smoother?  Did you have
To have gallbladder surgery?  How long after sugery
Were you able to work out?  What was your post surgery
Diet like? 
I know that's a lot of questions and I have a ton more?
Please feel free to e mail or call me if you have the time!!!

Im so happy for you and your success with the sleeve
I am scared but excited!!!
[email protected]. Ph. 703-473-8994

ginag70
on 4/20/12 11:24 am
U will do fine!, Well the first 3 days for me were great! I had no pain, and hardly no gas pain!, He inserts a pain pump, it really helps. My biggest stuggle was after a few weeks, i was nauseus, but as soon as
Dr umbach prescribed a PPI, (takes acid out of stomache) I was fine!
I already had no gallbladder so i cant help with that, also I don't work, sorry. But if i did i would have been able to go back in 2 weeks.. Remember everyone is different! He will give u a diet to follow! the first 2 weeks is liquid diet!

Any more questions u can email me ginag_70@ yahoo.com

Cathy2402
on 4/20/12 2:05 pm
I used Dr Umbach too! I had my surgery on July 29th and flew home Aug 1st. I had no pain and no issues. Dr Umbach is a wonderful surgeon!!! Very friendly he even called my cell phone personally to check on me the day after my surgery! I was very impressed! I wish I lived in Vegas to attend his support groups! I have lost 105 pounds since my surgery. I look forward to reaching my goal! I'm going back to Vegas in July just to see another patient that had surgery the same day! We exchanged emails and phone numbers and she has been a huge support for me! Good luck on your journey and if I can answer any questions please let me know. By the way the day after my surgery I was up and at circus circus with my family walking around for a few hours before taking a nap and then we walked around Vegas some more!
HW: 338 SW: 324 GW: 180-160

valentinoAB
on 4/20/12 10:52 pm
 Wow your and your friend are a wonderful support
Story!!!
So what was your biggest hurdle and what made it 
Easier on you to loose the weight? When we're you
Able to exercise again?
Cathy2402
on 4/21/12 1:25 am
Yes we have been a wonderful support for each other. My biggest hurdle has been getting my brain to understand I can't eat what I used too and when I look in the mirror I still see the heavier me. My family of course sees the weight I have lost but I don't see it in the mirror. I have not done alot of heavy exercising I have mainly been walking I have a bad back and a broke ankle that didn't heal right. I'm actually just starting to try a little more low impact stuff but I have to take it slow. If you can find a buddy (like I said I met mine at Dr Umbach's office) that is going through the same thing I highly recommend it. You can always reach out to me and I will help you along the way as well. My first 4 days after the surgery were easy but day **** me and I was weepy and questioning why did I do this to myself. Once I got over that day I was much better. Be patient with yourself and allow your body to heal before you push too hard! I look forward to hearing more about your journey. Please let me know if I can help!
HW: 338 SW: 324 GW: 180-160

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views