Soda

C. Harvey
on 4/23/12 3:02 am
VSG on 01/11/12
Well..I got the awful virus that has been going around...can't keep anything down...I've tried gatorade, water, popscicles...nothing stays...has anyone ever tried drinking sprite with lots of ice? I'm trying to keep myself from dehydrating and my potassium going back down. Can't get ahold of my doctor's office. Just wonderinf if maybe it would be okay to try. I know before surgery if I had a virus...Sprite was the only thing I could keep down.

Kayissweet
on 4/23/12 3:13 am - Reading, PA
VSG on 01/16/12
I know were not supposed to drink soda due to the carbonation, and the gas from the soda, but I had a bit of soda last week when I had a upset stomach. I drank it slow I felt the bubbles go straight down. I felt fine after wards. I wouldn't make a habbit of it, I hope this helps you out. :)

hanset
on 4/23/12 3:15 am - marcus hook, PA
every now and then I drink a soda, and yes  you feel all the bubbles.. but it doesnt hurt.. just feels weird.. lol
~~Traci~~~        
C. Harvey
on 4/23/12 3:19 am
VSG on 01/11/12
thanks I just dont know what else to try...and I have got to do something my legs are cramping me so badly...I need something to help hydrate me.

Cortnee Z.
on 4/23/12 3:45 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
When I was little my grandma always gave us 7-up and cranberry juice mixed together. It was fine tasting because of the 7-up and the cranberry flushes you out! It's a great combo for when you are sick cause it settles your tummy but also has that flushing so you don't just stay sick. I think it would also help you stay hydrated! 

Just a thought...hope it helps!!  

Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
C. Harvey
on 4/23/12 3:55 am
VSG on 01/11/12
THANK YOU CORTNEE

jn26845
on 4/23/12 4:11 am
Maybe you could try pedilite not sure if that would help but i know when my little ones are sick thats what the dr says to give them. Hope you feel better
Darby361
on 4/23/12 5:05 am - CT
How about opening the bottle when it is warm/room temp - most of the bubbles will hiss out and it will be flat.  Pour it over ice to make it cold.  Just a thought. 

EliseG
on 4/23/12 5:27 am - MA
Could you try stirring it first to get most of the carbonation out?

Lynnegetsbrave
on 4/23/12 6:00 am
 While all the suggestions are great...keep trying to get ahold of your doctor or surgeon...they should be able to give you something for nausea...once you have been dehydrated and it sounds like you have you are at greater risk for it...hope you get to feeling better!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views