A preop hello!

Fallenangel2904
on 5/23/12 7:58 pm - NY
VSG on 11/14/12
Hey everyone! I'm still preop but wanted to say hi! I have my first appointment with the surgeon in a few weeks. I went to a seminar a while back from his office and got my appointment date (There was quite a wait list) but I'm excited to get in and actually start things! No stranger to surgery- went through steps a few years ago when I was in my teens to have it (I'm 23 now) but because of insurence issues at the time didn't go through with it. I'm back now with a different surgeon, and I've chosen the VSG this time, and I'm really excited and anxious to start this journey for real this time!

Just wanted to say hello since I'll be around here more often in the coming months! :D
newme_38
on 5/23/12 9:14 pm - Randallstown, MD
VSG on 06/12/12
Welcome!!!!  And Congrats on your decision.
Happy966
on 5/23/12 9:57 pm

Welcome!  Read everything you can, and post when you have questions.  We're all pretty nice around here!  At least we try to be!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Jacksonsgrandma
on 5/23/12 10:03 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
 I'm so happy for you!  I'm sure you will be glad you did this.  I wish I had this wonderful opportunity when I was your age because my life would have been soooooo very different!  My weight issues have plagued me for most of my life.  I know now that they were directly attributable to psychological scars from childhood abuse but they had a negative impact on my entire life.  Even at my age, I sailed through surgery and recovery with no complications.  Could not believe how easy everything went. I can only hope the same for you.  You are a beautiful young lady and deserve every happiness.  Weight and health issues will be vastly reduced if not totally eliminated with this surgery. See u soon on the losers bench.  >>scooching over to make room

JenSchroed
on 5/23/12 10:07 pm
Welcome!!  VSG is an amazing tool!!
On the journey to something new . . .     

Fallenangel2904
on 5/23/12 11:04 pm - NY
VSG on 11/14/12
Thanks for the warm welcome all!
Cortnee Z.
on 5/24/12 12:16 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
Glad to see you on here!! Good luck on your journey :)
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views