today is my first mont :P happy BUT

MONI0919
on 5/25/12 11:06 am - Bayonne, NJ
VSG on 04/25/12 with
 I'm in a puree diet ok i been in this for 3 weeks, but if I eat puree, like potatoes, i get sick, if I ead mac an cheese i get sick now i can't drink milk it make me sick :(,, i can only eat my yogurt , coconu****er wish is not good for me because reading it i found out it have sugar on it, :(
  so what I suppose  do? if I ead i trowup i don't want to vomit  don't want to damage my sleeve, any help, 
 Im not drinking protein my doctor had not told me to so lets see what happen  my next appoitment is the 7 

mauigirl2
on 5/25/12 12:21 pm - kihei, HI
I think you sound likeyou might be eating the wrong foods.  Try to puree a little chicken and add a small quantity of broth or mayonaise.  Try having a soft boiled egg or scrambled egg.  I would have some protein drinks if you can find some cause they keep you more healthy.  Eat small amounts.

acbbrown
on 5/25/12 12:53 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Wait...your surgeon, the one who took your stomach out, told you NOT to drink protein? You might want a new doctor for your follow up because he clearly has no idea what he's doing. There's no way you can eat enough of anything, let alone protein, to sustain yourself right now. Your stomach has been through a lot of trauma - it needs to heal, and you really should be drinking some protein shakes right now. It's not unusual to have difficulty eating at this stage because of swelling. 

Try some greek yogurt, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs. I prefered to eat canned chicken because it was very soft and flaked up to tuna consistency and i didnt need to puree it - i could not do pureed meat, the texture made my stomach turn. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

MONI0919
on 5/25/12 9:07 pm - Bayonne, NJ
VSG on 04/25/12 with
he didn't said not to, but he didn't told me to, the girl at the desk toldme not to until the doct  say so,
 I'm eating  greek yogurt and cottage cheese, that is ok  the chicken in can give me the yak  id try broiling chiken 1 chicken boilor for flavor and them i put tha on the blender  also was  on the toilet next few hours, and my stomach was  swelling  all the time I eat that happen, maybe  i have to drink the protein, is too sweet :(  maybe if i put some water on it? Im going to try today , i saw my doctor a week after mi  surgery  to remove my drainer  and my next appoitmen is the  7 of june, one month after  the first time i saw him, and to tell you the truth i don't like the follow up in this office, the doctor is good and all that but they don't call back  or talk to you after the surgery  and that is went you need them the most,

ah by the way, i did eat broil egg soft, and  I keep it in, is like the only protein, Im feeling ok just that I can't eat and I read somewhere that i have to eat or my stomack will never mature,

lowbrass03
on 5/25/12 2:02 pm - houston, TX
VSG on 05/17/12
 I am not sure what your doc may have said to you, this may be a miscomunication. But don't be scared. Just take a step back and look at all that you have taken in since your pureed diet. if dairy makes you sick find an alternative, they are out there. 
Talk to your doc, do not be afraid to ask questions. 

YOU NEED YOUR PROTEIN. protien comes first. 
If all else fails, just go back to clear liquids maybe some fill liquids till you see your doc. stay hydrated, take small sips. and if you can do a protein shake or some greek yogurt. 
take care , i will pray that your matter is resolved. 
USAF Wife
on 5/25/12 9:29 pm
It sounds like lactose intolerance and mac  n cheese this early out would make most puke I can imagine. Try some unsweetened almond milk, or lactaid milk. Anything you can puree/blend should be okay for you as long as it's smooth consistency.

You can also mix protein with water, almond milk, lactaid, or try the soy protein versions if your intolerant.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

MONI0919
on 5/26/12 1:50 am - Bayonne, NJ
VSG on 04/25/12 with
they are on the diet they give me,

but  just know,  yam yam,  I put an small slice of avocato with  2 tablespoon of creek yogurt a pinch of black peper and feel great,   the nutrisionis  that i use to see told me to try doing that,

now if I become lactose intolerance how can i eat yogurt and feel ok? this morning I had a broil egg, let me  see how te day goes for me

thank you all,  here i had found all the help i been looking  for, realy thanks

USAF Wife
on 5/26/12 8:30 pm
On May 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM Pacific Time, MONI0919 wrote:
they are on the diet they give me,

but  just know,  yam yam,  I put an small slice of avocato with  2 tablespoon of creek yogurt a pinch of black peper and feel great,   the nutrisionis  that i use to see told me to try doing that,

now if I become lactose intolerance how can i eat yogurt and feel ok? this morning I had a broil egg, let me  see how te day goes for me

thank you all,  here i had found all the help i been looking  for, realy thanks
Because the proteins in yogurt are broken down already and your body doesn't have to do it. I've been lactose and whey protein intolerant since my VSG (almost 3 years), but I can eat some cheeses and all yogurts, but can not drink regular, even skim milk or eat ice cream. It's how the body breaks down the proteins in regular milk and some protein drink/supplements that causes issues. Funny thing is my daughter is the same way, she can not tolerate my breastmilk, or regular formula, even soy makes her sick, so she is on a special "pre-digested" formula, but she can eat yogurt.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views