I am home and sleeved!

mmplumme
on 6/13/12 10:16 am - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
Well, this has been a more painfull experience than I expected, but I am still glad I did it. I had a lapband to sleeve revision. Acourding to my surgeon there was A LOT of scar tissue. He almost had to postpone the sleeve and do it in a seperate surgery but luckily he was successful. My band was attatched to my liver. So, with removal of all the scar tissue came lots and lots of pain. So glad its done!

Tracasa
on 6/13/12 10:51 am
So happy to hear all is well. Wishing you a speedy recovery

Missey J.
on 6/13/12 11:31 am - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12
Welcome home and take care of yourself !

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
melly37
on 6/13/12 11:57 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
 I am so happy for you!  I was so glad to get my band out!  Rest and heal!  You will love your sleeve!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

bethmalone
on 6/13/12 12:26 pm
 I was a band to sleeve revision also.  I was told maybe a two hour surgery and I was back there over 4 hours.  My band was so oversutured to my stomach that the surgeon had a really hard time getting it off my stomach.  I'm 9 days post op and starting to feel more normal.  except for the hunger.  I'm so starving.  I can't wait to move to mushies!!!! congrats and good luck. 

mmplumme
on 6/16/12 12:29 am - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
I am so ready to start feeling "normal" again. Glad to know that it might be around the corner for me (I know people heal differently) When do you get to start mushies? My doctor does a week of clear liquids then I get mushies. Sounds like your time is longer on clears. I hope it is soon for you. Thankfully, I am not hungery. Good Luck!!! Keep me posted on your progress!!!

Nadurra Deb
on 6/13/12 3:08 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Wow! Attached to your liver! OUCH! How does that happen? I'm glad you got that thing out of there! Hopefully your pain is short lived and your recovery is speedy!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

mmplumme
on 6/16/12 12:36 am - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
Well, as to how the lapband attached to my liver, the doctor said the liver is so close that it is not unusual for them to have to move a lobe out of the way. He said that not only had my band formed scar tissue on stomach, but it had rubbed up against my liver so much, it just formed scar tissue there too. Its why I always felt tugging pain in my abdomen. He said he has seen it before, but mine was pretty extreme. Just glad that thing is finally gone for good!!!!!!!

LazyLady21
on 6/15/12 11:47 pm - TX
Glad it all went well. Hope for a speedy recovery!
mmplumme
on 6/16/12 12:24 am - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
Thanks everyone!!!! I have really been uncomfortable the last few days. I began running fever, but alot of it I think was that I was hurting so much I was not walking like I should have been. I walked quite a bit yesterday, did my incentive sperometer alot and feeling a little bit better, just physically exhausted. I am really ready to start feeling normal!!! Again, thanks for all the support!!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views