Athletics

cthr
on 6/23/12 8:18 pm
Could a young person participate in College level Athletics with the restrictrictions of the sleeve?  I am especially concerned with the hydration issue. Any thoughts?
Ms. Poker Face
on 6/23/12 9:41 pm
I can easily drink 100-120 oz of water a day if I wanted to. Being able to take in enough calories to be a serious athlete could be more of a challenge, but protein shakes and other liquids/mushies could get you there.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

julesGA
on 6/23/12 11:23 pm - Brunswick, GA
 There are loads of people with VSG and RNY that are tri-athletes and marathoners. There is no reason one couldn't participate in college athletics. it might take a little more planning but it can be done. 

acbbrown
on 6/24/12 12:50 am - Granada Hills, CA
 The sleeve doesn't really pose much of a capacity issue for water. I usually drink 32oz/hour at work, but could drink more if I just sat around and kept drinking. Maybe the first couple months it might be uncomfortable to take a big gulp but now it doesn't bother me. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

puttin4birdie
on 6/24/12 11:08 am
I would think that it depends on the sport.
Football, probably not. Baseball, maybe. Golf, surely. Softball or volleyball, probably. And I don't mean to be sexist in any way but a sleeved female basketball player would stand a much better chance, in my opinion, of being successful than a male.
VSG on 6/6/2012    
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views