One if by hand, two if by see

njhanibal
on 6/29/12 8:56 am - Hightstown, NJ
VSG on 06/13/12

Well, last nite was the official start of soft/mushie/puree, better known as food. So, I tried something I thought would be nice and alkaline, two soft fried cheese eggs.... small little bites.... seasoned right.... tasting great.... forgot stomach still waits to signal brain to say you're full. Then went to  an hour later. Not a good idea. Brain notified the stomach, to inform it that it was full, while sleeping... Lets just say   while sleeping is not a good feeling................ But, gonna have just one egg tonight to see if it's the egg or sleeve.

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/12 9:08 am
How far out are you?  It took me until I was in maintenance to be able/want to eat two eggs with cheese.  Even now, that's my absolute limit.  Early out, I could only eat about 1/2 an egg or maybe 3/4 of an egg.  If you are early out, be careful, you will not feel the full signal yet as your nerves have been cut.  You should not be eating more than 1/4 of a cup of food at a time during the early recovery phase. 
morgans
on 6/29/12 9:16 am
VSG on 06/18/12
I totally agree. I'm okay to start puree and I cooked 3oz of chicken with a little bit of broth and a teaspoon of cheese. Pureed the heck out of it and ate too fast considering that even pureed, chicken still needs to stop for digestive juice inspection. Things have settled down but I'm definitely not doing anything but sip sip sip until bedtime.

Pkrplyr777
on 6/29/12 9:20 am - CT
Oh I agree with Elina...2 eggs is way too much especially early on.
I can only eat one egg at a time even at 10 months out.

It takes your brain a while to figure out that a very litlle amount of food is way more than enough.

Thats why it's so important to measure your food. Eating too much is not good for you.

1/4 cup. You will be satisfied. You will probably feel too full.

And dont eat within an hour of going to bed. Laying down on a full stomach has a much different reaction than before surgery .

good luck
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Cusscusscutie
on 6/30/12 2:36 am - MA
I do one egg as well and NO cheese. And I am almost 11 months out.

njhanibal
on 6/29/12 9:30 am - Hightstown, NJ
VSG on 06/13/12
 Thank ya'll so much. I should've known.

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/12 9:39 am
 Hey NJ...sorry bout your tummy..I know it's going to take me a while to make the transition to "real" food, and realize that I am not going to be able to handle anything near what looks like what I used to eat, no matter how much I knew in advance. BTW: getting sleeved the 19 th! Whoppee!
I will be asking questions
njhanibal
on 6/29/12 9:45 am - Hightstown, NJ
VSG on 06/13/12
Congrats..... we'll all be here for you.......

tripmom02
on 6/29/12 9:47 am - NJ
 Vomiting in your sleep can also be a sign of reflux. I am just floored that you where not uncomfortable before that, 2 eggs this far out is A LOT. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

njhanibal
on 6/29/12 9:52 am - Hightstown, NJ
VSG on 06/13/12
 IT HIT ME well afterwards. Sticking to 3/4 tblspoons for a while.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views