Surgery is tomorrow!... Jitters but moving forward!

FloridaVSG
on 7/15/12 2:15 pm - FL
VSG on 07/16/12
Well, it's around midnight and, although I'm quite calm, quiet, serene, and introspective, I must admit that I am somewhat nervous... More than somewhat actually. I've got much on my mind... On top of jitters, and debating whether or not to write notes to my family :(... Although I also feel that a new chance at life has been handed to me. For those who think weight loss surgery is the easy way out, this is the moment of truth... The moment when you know that, albeit the risks presented by surgery, this is the way out. Liberation from the prison of obesity and its constant chackles of shame, depression, social anxiety, social withdrawal, inability to live to one's full potential, and the crippling feeling of inadequacy watching life just past you past and not being able to conquer this ONE thing... No, it is not because you cannot control what you put in your mouth, are lazy, and are a lost case... It is because your brain, hormones, mind, physiology, intellect, spirit, and body have given up the fight. It is understanding that surgery is not a panacea but rather a jumpstart to allow you to implement newly formed behavior and habits and to address the dysfunctional relationship you have with food, and with whatever it helps you cope with... It is saying goodbye to your dependable old best friend who has carried you through the peaks and valleys of your life and embracing your new best friend: the one who has been screaming for help, the one you have suppressed, the one you have deemed unreachable and out of your league, the one who deserves a healthy and happy life... Yup! THAT ONE! The YOU you know you can be!!! Much love on the journey ahead to all my newbies! God willing, all will go well, and I will be updating tomorrow after surgery!
Pre-op/HW: 302- SW (7/16/2012): 296 lbs- GW: 160-150 lbs. Month 1: -32 lbs.- Month 2: -16 lbs.
www.theskinnygirlinsideofme.blogspot.com  

acbbrown
on 7/15/12 2:22 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I'll be keeping you in my thoughts - your thoughts are quite deep and it's clear that youv'e done some soul searching about what you need to do, so it seems like you are on a good path to suceess - to live a happy healthy life. 

Find peace, get some sleep and welcome to the losers bench :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

FloridaVSG
on 7/15/12 2:28 pm - FL
VSG on 07/16/12
Thanks hon! Yeah!!!! Losers's Bench here I come!
shellrae72
on 7/15/12 2:56 pm - KY
VSG on 08/08/12
all i can say is AMEN!!! I have been told i am tryin to take the easy way out....by no means does all this seem easy to me....i do not have my surgery date yet...but i will soon...best of luck to  you!!!!!!!!
jolenecsky
on 7/15/12 4:00 pm - Franklin, KY
VSG on 08/15/12
Good luck with your surgery!! You are awesome!

Shellrae, who is your surgeon? I just got my letter yesterday, and I will find out this week when my surgery date is. My surgeon is Dr. Oldham.
FloridaVSG
on 7/15/12 8:44 pm - FL
VSG on 07/16/12
Thanks, Jolenecsky!
shellrae72
on 7/16/12 1:32 am - KY
VSG on 08/08/12
hi, my surgeon is Dr. Eric Smith....super nice man!!
FloridaVSG
on 7/15/12 8:34 pm - FL
VSG on 07/16/12
Trust in your heart that you are making the best decision for yourself! Thanks a million for your kind words...
FloridaVSG
on 7/15/12 8:40 pm - FL
VSG on 07/16/12
bluerskies
on 7/15/12 3:13 pm, edited 7/16/12 1:25 am
VSG on 06/25/12
 You have a gift for writing!  I agree with acbbrown- some good deep thoughts!  All the best to yyou tomorrow!  I look forward to hearing how it goes!  My quote that I clung to on the day of my surgery was "Today is the first day of the rest of my life.". How often do we get the chance to hit the reset button, so to speak, and have another chance at life?  Blessings as yu step into the first day of the rest of your life!
 Jessica

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views