Almond blueberry Muffins!!!

SleeveRockn Chic
on 7/27/12 7:49 am
 I haven't tried these yet. I just came across the receipe but they are def worth trying.  I used to love me some blueberry muffins with butter, yummmmmm.  Well all those carbs and calories don't fit in anymore.  Now I gonna try these with I can't believe its not butter spray  I don't come up here as much as I used to because it seems every time I post something the moderator police come out.  I love the VSG board and reading everyones story, but these moderating idiots are such a buzz kill.  Hope you enjoy as much as I too lol  Kerry 

Almond Blueberry  Muffins   Dry Ingredients: 2 ½ cups almond flour ½ tsp baking powder ½ tsp salt 1/3 cup dry stevia   Wet Ingredients: 6 egg whites (or 3 whole eggs) ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk 1tb vanilla extract 1 cup blueberries   Directions: Preheat oven at 300 degrees F. Spray 12 muffin tins with non stick spray. Mix dry ingredients first. Then add in wet ingredients. Stir until combined thoroughly. Spoon batter evenly among the 12 muffin tins. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Makes 12.   Macros: 149 calories, 7g protein, 7g carbs, 12g fat, 3g sugar, 3g fiber

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  
 HW: 365lbs.  SW:353  CW:182.4  GW:160 lbs.
Goal 1: Get under 300 (Reached as of 11/15/2011 299.4 Baby) 
Goal 2- Get under 200 (Reached as of 08/29/2012 199.2 Baby) 
Goal 3- Get to 160

jaded123
on 7/27/12 8:08 am - MD
 those are decent stats for muffins.  I need to pick up some almond flour!  If you make these, let us know how they are.

HW: 310 /  Lost 15 on pre-op diet  /  SW: 295  /  CW: --- /  GW: 170-175

Anne D.
on 7/27/12 8:28 am
Let us know how they turn out, pics too pls!

Pobearsam7
on 7/27/12 10:15 am
Wow this sounds good!!!

Kelly                

comeundone
on 7/27/12 11:01 am - OH
 Do you make these with Bobs Red Mill (I bought a bag and want to use it but I read it messes up some recipes?) 
HW 289  SW 242

KathyA999
on 7/27/12 11:43 am
I made some almond blueberry muffins with almond flour one time, can't remember where I found the recipe.  They were pretty good!  The main difference is that almond flour or almond meal is basically ground almonds.  ("Flour" is without the skins, "meal" is with.)  It makes a pretty dense final product.  I could only eat one, and froze them so they wouldn't go bad before I got to them, haha!  As I recall they nuked up nicely.

To the poster above about using almond flour generally, I wouldn't substitute 1:1 for wheat flour.  Too heavy/dense.  You can find recipes on low-carb blogs that use almond flour or meal, like these muffins, and you can google around for recipes in general that use wheat flour alternatives.  One thing some people do is combine coconut flour and almond flour.  Coconut flour is lighter than almond flour (and it doesn't give things a coconut flavor), but it's very dry and sucks up moisture like a vacuum, so you need to use more eggs and other moistening ingredients.  It's a science experiment, LOL!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

comeundone
on 7/27/12 12:30 pm - OH
 I have seen many sites with the debate of Bob's Red meal and Honeyville( which is suppose to be cheaper and better) many people say Bobs ruin their baking so I only want to use it in recipes that people have tested it because at 14.99 a bag it to precious to waste  unfortantily not many stores around carry even Bobs Almond Flour/meal so I will have to order honeyville if it does not work or get flax seed (I hate Coconuts) 

HW 289  SW 242

Most Active