Quick update

scarlettbegonias
on 7/31/12 1:57 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 I'm still in hospital,coming up on a week now.
I had my drains removed yesterday which is FANTASTIC,I do have some blistering on my stomach where the brain pipe stuff was taped to me, I was severely bloated as they were putting 200ml in per hour and it wasn't all coming back out- the fluid retention is going down now

The nasal gastric tube coming out was disgusting- my nose is pretty cut up.

Finally found out today what part of my stomach was removed- the rough diagram shows a triangle like wedge removed from he middle.
Are you thinking how the **** Because I am!!

The surgeon has said I will be unable to be sleeved but gastric plication or resectional gastric bypass may be on the cards- I'm getting a second opinion.
I went into this fully aware that there were risks- this wasn't one I was expecting!!

I came of clear liquids today it was suggested I try mushys tomorrow- not happening.

If anyone's heard of anything remotely like this can you please let me know 

Thanks

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

moonglo82
on 7/31/12 2:01 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Wow!

I was wondering how you were doing... so glad you posted!

I wouldn't just get a second opinion; I would probably not bother to go back to that doctor once I was all healed up if it was me! Did he ever explain what exactly happened?!?

I have no experience with this one, but I've been thinking of you and hope you recover quickly.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

scarlettbegonias
on 7/31/12 2:11 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 Thanks moonglo!!
Im going back to see him in his office at least once to get some kind of explanation so we can try to understand what happened, today was the first time Iv seen him and not been completely out of it- I convinced them to remove the morphein yesterday before the drains- I hadn't used it for 14 hours, so he hasnt explained it to me in any detail- when he rang my husband he was in the supermarket with our three kids and didn't fully take in what was said.

I need answers.

This surgeon is head surgeon at the hospital I'm at whi*****identally ALL my bills have been wiped and what I prepaid ha s been refunded.

I will keep you all posted with my progress :-)

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

frisco
on 7/31/12 3:51 pm

I hope you get this worked out.........

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

scarlettbegonias
on 7/31/12 3:58 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 Thank you Frisco.

Sleeva
on 7/31/12 11:28 pm - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
(((((HUGS)))))))
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

full-of-hopen
on 7/31/12 11:57 pm
Dear Scarlettbegonias,

I am sending good thoughts your way and hope you get the answers you need and  have a speedy recovery . You are a very strong woman and are doing a remarkable job in extremely difficulty cir****tances....

Take Care,
Barb
Most Active