Ugh, so queasy....

dr_spatula
on 8/1/12 2:20 pm, edited 8/1/12 2:22 pm
VSG on 07/27/12
I hate, absolutely HATE complaining about my life issues or status...and seeing as I made this choice to have the VSG (and have actually felt really good since coming home from the hospital), I don't want to complain. But here goes....I'm soooo queasy right now!!!! I'm 5 days post-op and on the full-liquid diet for the first 2 weeks. Had good protein shakes throughout the day, a serving of yogurt, and strained nearly-fat-free cream soup for lunch and dinner (mixed with Unjury chicken protein powder). Missed my evening snack as I was putting the little one down, and then hopped on the computer to do some work and catch up on work e-mails.

Then...11:30 p.m. rolls around and I'm feeling so nauseated!! I've been attempting to get to bed before midnight since I've been home, but still have to pack the little lady's lunch for school tomorrow and get ready for night-night...but the queasies are so bad I had to dig into half a Dannon Light & Fit yogurt. I know it's late to eat, but seriously...a little protein and a small amount (5 g) of sugar at bedtime shouldn't be so bad, right? Wouldn't it be better to have some protein than restrict too much?

Lesson learned...have that last snack an hour or so after dinner! Trying so hard not to get .

Thanks for letting me vent! And here's to already losing 8 lbs the first 5 days!!

Tracasa
on 8/1/12 2:38 pm
I totally understand that queasy feeling but sugar even that small of an amount is not good! Try plain yogurt with sf jam. Protein drink or sf pudding might be good. I lived on this for what seemed like an eternity lol. Keep us posted!

comeundone
on 8/1/12 3:29 pm - OH
 I found that I had to drink a cup of milk or 1/2 a protein shake to help me not feel bad at the beginning.
HW 289  SW 242

dr_spatula
on 8/2/12 3:10 am
VSG on 07/27/12
Thanks...it appears that the amount of sugar per cup (9g - lactose) in plain yogurt is nearly that of the stuff in the Light & Fit (10 g)...but nonetheless, the SF jam with plain yogurt actually tastes better than the other stuf!

I was still queasy this morning after breakfast, but a little bit of V8 and lime helped take the edge off. How long do these queasies last??

sheytay
on 8/3/12 12:27 am
the protein shakes are actually what made me queasy for the first few days after surgery..i had to stick to almost straigh****er. im just now incorporating a bit of protein in, but nowhere NEAR what i should be getting. my doc says to take it easy and do as much as i can.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views