Plastic surgery Kaiser woodland hills ca area recommendations

stephf
on 8/6/12 4:08 am - CA
VSG on 03/29/11 with
I cannot seem to post on the Plastic Surgery forum, so I will ask here, has anyone gotten a tummy tuck or panni done from kaiers so ca? anyone have this procedure done in this area? what surgeon did you have and how was their bedside manor and experience ? thank you I'm having a consultation this week and want to know other peoples experiences there.

thank you.

HW 288  PRE OP WEIGHT  249/ SW241/ CW 146.8     

acbbrown
on 8/6/12 4:25 am - Granada Hills, CA
I had a PS consult at Woodland Hills Kaiser with some lady maybe Amzoyan or something like that ..cant remember. Biggest B*TCH ever....basically told me she thought me getting approved for a panni was "questionable" and when I asked her to try, she told me to come back in 6 months after my weight was stable. I asked some general qustions about PS/recovery and she told me she wouldnt answer them bc i was too far away from even having surgery.

I have a consult this week at West LA - they have a much bigger, more comprehensive PS department there, so im done with Woodland Hills (they only do panni/TT there).

Im 90% sure I am doing my plastics in Mexico with Dr. Sauceda in November (ive already booked it)  unless Kaiser offers me some kind of miracle coverage...

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

stephf
on 8/6/12 4:32 am - CA
VSG on 03/29/11 with
I live in palmdale CA, I went ot the class in woodland hills last week and the next day they gave me an appointment for today, I couldnt make it today so they made it for friday with another doctor... kinda bummed, now from what I was told with the class was that they do the surgery in west LA kaiser... I want the tummy tuck to but it is not covered, just the panni is covered and Im okay with just a panni. as its the flapy bottom half of my skin that is bugging me, if i get denied then i will ask to see another doctor, funny thing is in the class they had you fill out the form and the surgeons would look it over to see if you would even be considered to have a panni. I was and was happy Im just hoping this new doctor im given isn't going to make me wait more... the other surgeon I just think that maybe he would of givin me the surgery because he had to approve the paper in the first place.. *sigh not sure what to do now.

acbbrown
on 8/6/12 4:41 am - Granada Hills, CA
Hey we are neighbors :) I work in Palmdale, and live not too far in Lancaster (they are all the same to me lol)

I got the impression that approval was "easier" to get if you expressed a desire to "upgrade" and pay for the full TT (i was told it's $3600). I lost over 200 freaking lbs, and have a substantial hanging panni, and there was no reason I shouldn't have been covered (but for this weight stable requirement) but the doc was just an ass about it. She was so cold/rude/insensitive. I guess I should have come to expect all that from Kaiser.

Definitely ask to see another doc if they tell you no....its up to each individual surgeon how far they are willing to push the committee to get approval.

I'll let you know how my consult in West LA goes on Friday.

~~~~Alison~~~~~

stephf
on 8/6/12 4:47 am - CA
VSG on 03/29/11 with
yes please tell me how it goes! see that is what im worried about I felt this guy surgeon would about more on board with me having the surgery than this girl they now have me seeing, however I dont think its the same person you saw. (hopefully not) lol add me as a friend on here I would love to keep in touch. now in the class i know they told me you have to have alot of hanging skin and rashes in order to get the surgery and your BMI had to be under 30. did you have to take a class? I hope Im covered for at least the panni. I think I would benifit from the panni. im close to 18 mos out and i got down to 146 pounds that was in feb of this year since then I have maintained a weight of 150. so its been like that since the end of feb. I havent lost or gain unless its my period coming.. then i always gain 5 pounds around that time. but anyways yeah for some reason now that they switched doctors on me Im worried this chick isnt gonna let me have the panni

stephf
on 8/6/12 4:50 am - CA
VSG on 03/29/11 with
in class they said the Abdominalplasty was 10-15k or more depending on what you needed done and 3-5 k for the panni if you weren't covered. but that is where the teacher in that class got confusing.. it was like what? Im like i was told as long as I was 18mos out i could have the surgery... and yet the teachers in the class said you have to be a year out from the 18 mos!?!? so ugh make up your mind... they were also confusing with how much one or the other costed, then said woodland hills didnt do the surgery but then said they did do the surgery just not abdoninalplasty lol then they changed that and said they would be soo doing the adominplasty... HUH??!??! lol maybe Im just the confused one

acbbrown
on 8/6/12 4:53 am - Granada Hills, CA
I did have to take the class. It was silly but whatever :-p

My panni actually hangs pretty lowand covers the top parts of my thighs, but i have a little dent or crease right in the middle, so it doesnt cover the "mons area" completely. This was why the biotch told me I wouldnt necessarily qualify for a panni - i was blown away.

Its not ultiumately the docs decision so dont worry about that. You may just have to fight hard and contact the decision makers yourself (through member services)

~~~~Alison~~~~~

stephf
on 8/6/12 5:14 am, edited 8/6/12 5:16 am - CA
VSG on 03/29/11 with
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views