what happened to me tonight, and who is this person

Joshua B.
on 10/12/12 12:46 pm - Ridley Park, PA
VSG on 12/05/12
So I went to the Y for a workout while my daughter swam. I hit the treadmill to do another round of C25K. I'm still in the early stages of the program, so I'm taking it slow. After I completed the 30 minutes of the defined workout, I was still feeling pretty good. I decided to stop watching the time, and just go with what my body was telling me. I went in there looking to do 30 minutes....an hour and a half later, I stepped of the treadmill and somehow felt great. Now that was then, and as I sit here typing, I can feel my legs complaining. But DAMN....I'm happy, and can't wait to do it again.

kellogal
on 10/12/12 1:30 pm
I am 3-1/2 weeks after surgery and have also been going to the Y, but taking it much more slowly, since I feel like I'm still healing inside. Good for you though on feeling great! Keep up the good work!
Teasha1
on 10/12/12 8:16 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
Wau to go, the runners high.  I have only hit that high a couple times, but you feel like you could go on forever.  BUT 1.5 hrs wow, wow, good for you!

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

pinkjellybean
on 10/12/12 10:02 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Good stuff!!  I hate the treadmill and prefer running outdoors!  I totally wish I could fall in love with it though because our cold winter is quickly approaching!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

olderbutwiser
on 10/12/12 10:51 pm
 Nice workout, WOW!!!  

TSinNC
on 10/12/12 11:12 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 So awesome!!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

natalie37
on 10/13/12 1:40 am - Advance, NC
Revision on 03/28/12
GOOD FOR YOU!! I need your motivation!!
Natalie
tripmom02
on 10/13/12 1:50 am - NJ
Just make sure you don't push too hard, I know it feels great to do things that you could not do before but an injury will sideline you and then your efforts will be in vain. Make sure you are drinking lots, ice if you need to and make sure you are getting in at least 30 grams of protein within an hour of a good workout like that. It will help your muscles repair themselves and cut down on the soreness you might feel.

Sorry I seem like the Debbie Downer on the thread, but I have seen it happen so many times, people get really excited about how far then can pu**** early out (heck, I do it even now and I know better LOL), then they push too far and end up with an injury that could possibly be a long term problem. You should only increase your exercise by 10 to 15 % at a time, otherwise you are looking at the possibility of something bad happening.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Joshua B.
on 10/13/12 2:01 am, edited 10/13/12 6:32 am - Ridley Park, PA
VSG on 12/05/12
I'm not as sore as I was expecting today...which really surprises me. I usually skip a day to recover, so I will squeeze in a workout after quiting time on Monday. As for overdoing it..I completely understand. I don't plan on doing that all the time. Last night was more about pushing myself just a little more than usual and then letting my body tell me when to stop. All my life if I was exercising, and you said I had to do something for 2 minutes...the second the 2 minute mark wa**** I was done. I don't think I've ever pushed myself. Hopefully, I can maintain the positive attitude, and continue to improve.

tripmom02
on 10/13/12 2:26 am - NJ
Here is where you change the inner voice, toss out the "hopefully" and replace it with "I will"! 

When I started I could not walk half a mile without wanting to die, now I run 5 to 6 miles at a clip! You can do it, you WILL do it, just don't hurt yourself in the process, remember that it's a lifelong change, something you want to do for the long haul and the best way to make sure that happens is to do it the smart way.

You got this!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 229 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 304 views