I am eating green chicken soup!!!

Keith L.
on 10/16/12 11:10 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
Thanks Elina_7  for the recipe, it is delicious. I tweaked it a bit, I added asparagus and I put everything through the food processor before boiling. I diced up the chicken before boiling and everything went through the blender. I put some in another pot and added a can of fat free cream of mushroom soup. It was tasty, but not enough to warrant the sodium.

Anyway, delicious soup! And the recipe makes enough for me to eat for like 3 weeks. 

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

cajunlady1958
on 10/16/12 11:19 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
That is an awesome soup. But my favorite has to be her southwestern red chicken soup. I love the black beans especially.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Keith L.
on 10/16/12 11:22 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
 I was planning to try that later this week, but I have so much of the green stuff I am going to be eating it for a while.

cajunlady1958
on 10/16/12 12:05 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Yeah I learned to cut all the recipes in half since surgery. Just too much food for just me.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

SweetJanee
on 10/16/12 11:43 am
VSG on 03/26/13
Green chicken soup green chicken soup...ima have to make this and today she posted about the hubby making some more yummy sounding soup mmm
debk21
on 10/16/12 12:18 pm - Mansfield, TX
I love it!  I make it by the vat and freeze the heck out of several containers of it.  I just thaw one out when I'm ready for the next one and have soup for days.  I like to add a little dollop of homemade ranch dressing and a sprinkle of feta cheese to mine - YUM!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Keith L.
on 10/16/12 12:21 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
 Deb, so it freezes well?

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/12 2:17 pm
Yes. I make a lot and freeze it for up to three months. I like to have a bunch of the soups ready to go in the.freezer.
Ms Shell
on 10/17/12 1:51 am - Hawthorne, CA
I made the soup 2 weeks ago and put it in ziplock bags and placed them in the freezer.  **** might have been 3 weeks.  Yup more like 3 weeks.  This week I didn't want to cook anything and remembered the soup so that's what I've been having =)

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

LDallas
on 10/17/12 3:34 am
VSG on 10/25/12
How soon after surg can u eat the soup? I can have cream soups week one if they are strained. My VSG is next week!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views