One week post op and lightheaded

mkate73
on 10/29/12 8:03 am - NC
VSG on 10/23/12
I was sleeved last Tuesday and I think I'm doing well - getting in at least 64 oz of water and around 70 to 80 oz of protein each day. I feel extremely lightheaded, though, and just wondered if this was normal? Going to see the surgeon tomorrow and will ask him but thought I'd see if anyone here had a similar experience. Please tell me this gets better!
Could_It_Be
on 10/29/12 8:04 am

Sounds like you are doing great! I was light headed, still get that way sometimes and the doc it's fine- most likely lower BP.

:)

VSG on 6/22/11
tanass
on 10/29/12 8:20 am - Kelowna, Canada
VSG on 10/23/12 with

I get waves of the light headedness as well (I was sleeved on Wednesday). I assume this is pretty normal. Hope you're doctor gives you some reassurance!

mkate73
on 10/29/12 10:07 am - NC
VSG on 10/23/12
Thanks! Always makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one going through this. Have a great night!
utahrob
on 10/29/12 10:47 am

Your lightheadedness may be caused from a lack of electrolytes.  Whenever I get lightheaded, especially when I exercise, I drink an electrolyte powder drink which I add to water and that cures my lightheadedness.  The powder drink is called "GU", which I bought at a local bike store and has only a few calories.

Hope that helps.

Best of luck,

Utahrob

pcannedy
on 10/29/12 3:04 pm - Sacramento, CA

I was lightheaded, it was my blood pressure.  Have you check it?

AdeanaMarie
on 10/30/12 12:19 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Definitely let your doctor know.  If on Blood Pressure meds, you may have to have them reduced.  Also, make sure you are getting enough fluids and are not dehydrated.  A little tip.  Before you stand up from laying or sitting.  Put your legs on the floor, while still sitting and bounce them and wiggle them all over.  Gets the blood flow moving and helps prevent a major dizzy spell.  Learned from experience.  :O)

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views