Head Hunger Getting the Best of Me Today

Keith L.
on 10/22/12 12:14 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
One of my triggers is when I can't solve a problem and I have a couple eating at me today, no pun intended. I would really like to go eat a bag of chips abour now or some popcorn. I won't and can't but I sure do want to. This is going to be my challenge for the next year. 

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

IHeartMexico
on 10/22/12 12:22 pm
VSG on 01/21/13
I'm the same way ...I need to controller everything and usually have all the answers ( part of my job ) and when I can't solve a problem or figure something out....... I eat as I try to solve it .... Munch munch munch ..... Thinking, stressing and munching away.... The good part is that you are aware of this and can start to find new healthy ways to deal with that trigger. I am still pre op and it is hard ... Heck it's hard if your post op ! Stay strong Keith you are doing a great job with your weight loss so far !!!!!

Keith L.
on 10/22/12 12:29 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
 Thanks, the upside is that I can't eat because my dinner is still in there.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Nicksmommy
on 10/22/12 12:41 pm - NY
VSG on 09/17/12
I had my first experience with head hunger yesterday...the difference between now and pre-op is that the craving passed pretty quickly. I am a carb junky and before surgery would have been happy to live off of carbs for the rest of my life. Yesterday, my husband took my kids to the bakery after church and came home with a bag of kaiser rolls. A buttered roll for breakfast has been my favorite since I am a little kid...the smell coming from the bag of fresh hot rolls filled my house! Before I drove myself crazy, I reminded myself that I have had my fill of rolls, I have eaten sooo many rolls in my lifetime that it was time to give it up...it really isn't going to taste as good as i am imagining it would. But, more importantly I thought about a post I read a few weeks ago....it simply said " this is what you signed up for". This struck me and I have reminded myself of this on my toughest days since surgery. Yesterday, when I first felt sad about not eating a roll, I reminded myself that I felt much sadder feeling out of control with my weight and my battle with food. The craving slipped away just as fast as it came on. In my opinion, you are NOT losing your battle with head hunger! You didn't give in! Thats a win to me!!!

hollirrose
on 10/22/12 1:06 pm
VSG on 04/21/12
Some days I think I have got everything with vsg down pat... Little hunger.. eating only the food on my plan...cravings I can handle Then B00M something will happen and Im right back to feeling the way I did pre op. I think you have already won this battle because you recoginize the want to eat just for what it is. Just hang in there! Your doing awesome.
TSinNC
on 10/22/12 10:17 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 Hang in there, Keith. You've got this!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

reneemosley
on 10/23/12 5:12 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12
Yes I agree hang in there!! This is the hardest hurdle (besides exercise) for me. Sometimes I have roasted salted edemame for a snack and it satifies my chips craving (my middle name is Cheetos). Try it, high protein and fiber.

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views