Feelings of hunger, dizziness, anger, etc

rengirl1978
on 8/17/13 4:00 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Hi all! I have not had surgery yet, but I have some questions, of course! LOL

I have read that the hunger feeling does go away, but what about being lightheaded, dizzy, angry, etc?

When I need to eat, I get really mean and dizzy, lightheaded. Am I still going to feel those effects?

mickeymantle
on 8/17/13 4:06 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

you should be checked for diabetes , if you don't have it it sound like low blood sugar to me but i am not a medical professional so go talk to one

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

tysmom01
on 8/17/13 4:07 am - MS
VSG on 08/12/13

Yes, the hunger feeling really does go away! Its amazing!! I'm only 5 days out and no hunger at all. What a wonderful feeling! Though it makes it tough to get in the fluids. I never felt dizzy, lightheaded, or anything like that since the beginning of the diet. I did feel hunger during the 2 week diet but fought it with drinking lots of water. I think if you're feeling the lightheadedness or dizziness then you're not getting enough in. During the diet, eat/drink as much of the approved food as you can to keep from feeling that. Maybe that will help. Good luck to you! 

Age: 34 ~ Height: 5'5 ~ HW: 287 (7/28/2013) ~ SW: 272 ~ GW: 150 ~ Goal weight met 8/9/2014  

cookiebun
on 8/17/13 4:08 am - MA
VSG on 04/02/13

I can't speak for all of it, but I still get "*****y" when I am hungry.  I don't get hungry the same way I used to, but if I start getting snappy, I know I have to eat.  Usually in the beginning it is best to schedule "meals" or drinks to make sure you don't just go without. 

My fiance will ask if I am hungry and I say "i don't know", he's says I think so because the hungry you is talking... at least I laugh about it now.  sometimes, just a cheese stick makes "hungry" me go away. lol

I'm not where I want to be, but I am closer than I was yesterday!

HW: 365 SW: 320

rengirl1978
on 8/17/13 4:36 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

I have been checked for diabetes, but it is negative. I do think I get low blood sugar though, and that is what makes me cranky, lightheaded, and I also get the shakes. If it gets too bad, I can take a couple hours to recover, even after eating a nice healthy meal. I hope this goes away too!

Joy M.
on 8/17/13 5:36 am
VSG on 08/06/13

I had surgery on aug 6 th and I'm having major dizzy light headed feelings. I can't seem to get enough protein, my vitamins are so sweet they make me gag, I see my doc Monday n I'm gonna ask him. I feel blah with no energy to even walk much. It's hard but the weight loss has been good I guess.

acbbrown
on 8/17/13 7:10 am - Granada Hills, CA

If I go a really long time without eating 6+ hours - i might feel a little weak/lightheaded. Im always *****y soo hungry doesnt change that lol. 

There were so few times pre-op that I can ever remember letting myself get physially hungry I wouldnt even know if it's the same.

In my opinion, post op, the best idea is to eat regular frequent small meals/snacks to kep your blood sugar level and keep your body fueled for the day.  The body will always have some reaction when it goes to long without food/water. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

rengirl1978
on 8/17/13 10:30 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Thanks everyone. Once I am all healed and ready to be back to "eating", I'll only be allowed 1/4 cup of food three times a day! That is about the same my 10lb cat eats! So if getting rid of the "hunger hormones" doesn't also cure the lightheaded/dizzy/anger then I will be in big trouble. I am making a list of questions for the nutrition class, and if they can't answer it, I will be sure to clear it with the surgeon BEFORE the procedure.

happyteacher
on 8/17/13 11:45 pm

Agree with getting the blood sugar checked.  A tell tale sign of issues is feeling like that, then feeling better after you eat.  Post surgery I would go low too (pre surgery- high and low) but once I got myself on a schedule that worked with the appropriate amount of carbs I have been humming along just fine.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views