need info on wether i am doing this right

frania
on 10/15/13 12:03 pm - NY

Hi everyone.....well i had my surgery 9/23 so i am almost 4 weeks out....i really dont feel hungry and i have been forcing myself to eat 4 to 7 small things a day and space my eating about 3 to 4 hours....i am not back to work yet(next week)...so this is the stuff i have been eating........of course i change it up everday so i dont get bored....i change it up by switching out with an egg, or chicken in the can, i love my soups too, and add veggies also..so is this ok , too little ot too much....

i start ever day with a:

1)- 4 oz flavored protein shake

2-)1/2 pkg(2-3 tblsp)  instant cream of wheat with skim milk and splenda and tsp of lite maple syrup

3)- 1 stick cheese low fat

4-)2 slices of low sodium heart healthy turkey

5-)3- 4 tbsp low fat cottage cheese

6)-3/4 cup canned veggie...i love carrots and beets

7)-4 oz protein shake 1/2 before bed

and i am taking in about 40 to 48 oz of crystal lite .

so what is everyones opinion or advice....too little....too much....just the right amount.

Love to ALL of you and us!!!!!! you guys are the best! love...fran

oh and i have lost 22 pounds so far....but i am surely loses in inches...and dress size...i went from a loose 3 X to a lose 2 x...but 1x is a lil tite....and my bra size went down from 44 to 41....THANK YOU GOD!!!!lol....i wont miss them....lol...

Chrissy W.
on 10/15/13 1:35 pm - Indianapolis, IN
VSG on 07/01/13

Are you tracking your calories? Protein? Carbs? As long as all of this added up falls into the plan that your surgeon gave you, it sounds good to me! The cream of wheat and maple syrup sounds a bit carb-heavy, which can cause a spike (then drop) in blood sugar (not to mention carb cravings when your volume is able to increase), and my personal plan probably wouldn't allow it, but otherwise, looking good!

VSG 7/1/13 with Dr. Jack Rutledge 28 y/o female - 5'10" - HW: 298GW: 174 - SW: 290 (-8) - M1: 262 (-28) - M2: 247 (-15) - M3: 235 (-12) - M4: 228 (-7 ~First Stall: almost 2 wks~) - M5: 218 (-10) - M6: 209 (-9) - M7: 199 (-10) Onederland on 1/31 - M8: 196 (-3) 100 lb total loss on 2/2 - M9: 192.6 (-3.4) - M10: 188.6 (-4) - M11: 182 (-6.6) - M12: 175.6 (-6.4) - M13: 173.8 (-1.8) CW (7/8/15): 167 - GOAL reached in 1 Year and 25 Days! - TOTAL WL - 131 lbs  

mickeymantle
on 10/15/13 3:39 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

you can probably drink more of your shake , I was drinking a whole shake at 1 month, it took about 1/2 hour (11 oz)

I would stay away from the carb heavy foods and stick with mostly protein , I eat 80 gm of protein a day , then ass some low carb veggies or fruit

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/13 4:34 pm

You asked me for my advice, so here it is.  Take what makes sense and works for you and leave the rest.  What you are doing is called grazing and you are getting into dangerous territory.  My doctor originally recommended that we eat three times a day.  I was eventually able to convince him that five planned meals can work better, but the five meals are tightly planned with three being protein meals and two being veggies. If you eat all day long, you are going to keep getting hungry (eventually) all day long.  Have pre-set, definite meal times and stick with them.  Of course I must also comment on the cream of wheat.  It would not have been anywhere on my weight loss program (yours might be different, I would not be surprised).  Your weight loss is great and the rest of your diet choices work for me.  Good luck to you and congratulations on all you have already accomplished. 

Nmmsg
on 10/15/13 9:00 pm
VSG on 07/09/13
My program includes carbs but I will limit that to one a day- small amount. The other carbs are from fruits and vegetables. At one month, I was told to increase my protein to 80 gms a day. That has worked well for me. I still get 50 gms from protein shakes and I am still limited by the amount I am able to eat. You can get 12 gms from Dannon Light greek yogurt. That is any easy and daily one for me. That way I have 62 gms early on and the rest fills in.

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Sandy M.
on 10/16/13 1:00 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

This is a learning experience and you're doing very well, first of all.  Every surgeon's eating plan is different, and you should follow yours to be sure.  That being said, I would up the water intake to at least 60 oz. per day.  And, depending on your eating plan, you'll probably be asked to reduce your dependence on protein shakes soon, so you might want to try some Greek yogurt (Dannon Light and Fit is awesome) instead of the Cream of Wheat.  

You didn't mention exercise - are you out walking?  You should be cleared soon for more vigorous exercise, and it really is a critical part of the plan!  You might lose weight and inches, but the exercise is so important for your HEALTH, which after all, that's why you had the surgery, right?

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

frania
on 10/16/13 5:40 am - NY

thanx everyone i will try and fit in more protein and water...ans start making 3 meals and a snack instead of grazing...i never thought of it that way....ur right.......hugs....

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views