We are NOT invincible!

Monica W.
on 11/6/13 1:16 am - xenia, OH
RNY on 01/21/13
Thanks for the words of wisdom...I had the RNY Jan 21st of this year. I have lost 105 lbs. Seems like a struggle and find myself going back to some old habits. I do work out in the pool 3-4 times a week. It is so easy to fall back to old ways. I feel so much happier & healthier. It is a mind and commitment change. Thanks for serving our country & keep on keeping on!!!
Monica

Monica M.

ALAN J.
on 11/6/13 1:50 am

Thank you!

Highest WGT-295, Surgery WGT-295, Goal WGT-215 - 80LB LOST in 8 months!

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/13 2:16 am

great honest post!

I noticed in one of your replies you mentioned cooking pasta at 10:00 pm. What a great illustration of how our old behaviors creep back in. I've had a little bit of regain (I'd like to lose about 8-12 pounds) and it was due to allowing some old habits back in. I am working on changing the behaviors more than losing weight - if that makes sense.

Anyhow, great that you are back on track and making a commitment to get back where you feel healthy and fit.

ALAN J.
on 11/6/13 10:24 pm

Yea, it didn't take me long to fall back into my old habits!

Tracy D.
on 11/6/13 2:26 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Thank you, Alan -- these are the stories I need to hear over and over and over....until they are burned into my brain! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

ALAN J.
on 11/6/13 10:25 pm

Jackie T.
on 11/6/13 3:05 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Thank you for the post.  While I still have not hit MY goal yet, I am working on it have not been vigilant enough because of life.  That is no excuse but I am happy you posted this.  I eat correctly but am not exercising and that needs to change to get these last few pounds off.  I am fearful that I will put the weight back on and I hope next year at this time I am still scared, that will be my 2 years.  I cringe when I read posts from people 4-6 months out that are bragging because they ate a large fry or a bag of chips and didn't gain any weight and that they do this alot.  Those are the people that are not learning anything and are going to put the weight back on.  We all have to learn how to eat properly and that has to stay with us for the rest of our lives.  That doesn't mean that you can't have an indulgence once in a great while but if you do that then you have to do the work to work it off.  We can not get complacent and succeed long term.  Good luck on getting back on track and taking the weight off!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

ALAN J.
on 11/6/13 10:28 pm

Thank you!

PsychoWriter
on 11/6/13 3:21 am - St Petersburg, FL
Good for you for posting this and i know you'll be back on track in no time. I hit my 2 year mark on the 2nd of this month and posted about the trials and tribulations we go through and it's true. Year 1 goes by rather like magic and year two is a challenge. Personally i didn't start experimenting with the "bad stuff"til year 2 and it's then that the realization sinks in that "technically i can eat anything" and it is a battle. It always will be. But having the sleeve is am amazing tool that can help us make that easier. And this site is another one. Best of luck but i think you'll find you know what to do and that you can do it. And if you fall, like we all eventually do there's so much support here to help pick ya back up. Best wishes.
ALAN J.
on 11/6/13 10:29 pm

Thank you!

Most Active