Stress eating

danixbanani
on 12/9/13 1:16 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

So I start a new job a week from today and I am totally stress eating.  I haven't eaten anything terrible but I'm def eating more.  It's just like, every time I'm stressed out I need to feed the stress ugh.  I wasn't able to work out this weekend but I need to, to help the stress.  I'm so freaked out!  I've been at my current job for 7 years.  It was my first job out of college and I'm so comfortable here but I needed to make this move.  I needed to step up my career and make more money honestly.  It's just going to be super crazy to leave this place and have to start all over.  Make new friends, learn new systems, etc etc. 

I'm also super nervous that I'm going to fail.  I always go through the "what if's" and convince myself I"m gonna get fired.  I know this is absolutely crazy and I plan to talk to my therapist this week about it.  It's just with the stress of the holidays and holiday shopping and TOM and new job...I'm totally going off the deep end.  cool Not to mention my boss isn't making my last week here any easier...*BIG sigh*

Anywho, I saw this and I'm tempted to post it to my facebook but not everyone knows I had surgery.  Not that I care but there are some busy bodys on my facebook and I don't care to feed the gossip hounds.  But this is an awesome sentiment lol

Happy Monday everyone!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Shagdoll
on 12/9/13 1:28 am

That is a great pic!!!  WLS is definitely not the "easy way out" but can certainly help us stay on track better.  You can do this Danielle!  Change is always scary but it's good for us.  We don't want to stay in a rut.  I've been in my current position for almost 7 years too.  It's time for me to step up and change as well.  See this as an opportunity to grow in more ways than one.  Congrats on the new job!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

linzeelee
on 12/9/13 1:33 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

Well you've certainly got a lot on your plate right now; I can see why you are stressing! Congrats on the new job. I totally understand your fears though. I get crazy, over the top anxiety when I switch jobs (and I'm thinking I'll be ready to make a change here in a couple months - eek). Change is scary. But please try to be kind to yourself, rather than thinking about failing. I'm sure you'll do an amazing job. Take care and good luck!

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

mountainhiker51
on 12/9/13 2:24 am

Hi,

First, the reason your old boss is being a poop head, is because you are a valuable asset he/she does not want to lose.

Secondly, none of us like change, but if you do not CHANGE you will not GROW.

Last but not least...you already made the biggest change in your life that you ever could and look how well that turned outangry

Don't let the stress devil kill your good buzzheartTake a bath, get a pedi, RUN DOWN THE STREET!!! lol, just be happykiss

Jackie T.
on 12/9/13 2:43 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

LIKE!!!!!!  Good luck in your new job!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

acbbrown
on 12/9/13 2:45 am - Granada Hills, CA

Plan plan and plan some more. I KNOW without a doubt I will eat once I hit a certain threshold for stress/anxiety/BS. Soooo, since i just know myself , i try to prepare...damage control basically. I usually pack 6-7 low calorie/high protein snacks to eat - sometimes I eat once an hour, every other hour or so...I have a bowl of apples i brought for me to sit next to the cake and donuts and everything else that's in the kitchen this month. Its worked pretty well - i find my hand reaching but it grabs the apple instead (since stres eating for me is just about eating, not necessarily craving something bad...though the sugar in the apples work miracles too :)

this will sound funny, but I started coloring these velvet art posters....when I really need a break and need to clear my mind without thinking...I color. Works well for controlling anxiety right now. Find something that will work for you.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/13 6:42 am

Just an FYI, I read a study some years back about the "what if?" worrying that cripples some people (I have a friend who suffers from that type of thinking). Turns out that over 99% of all worries never pan out - meaning the worry was for nothing.

My dad taught me a wonderful saying and I swear by it to this day: "Don't borrow trouble from the future."

Let me tell you, that phrase has kept me worry free and sane more than once!

rissa1224
on 12/9/13 9:22 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Funny thing is that was something I thought when my friend had her RNY about 6 years ago. Only because she is the patient who got the 'easy way out' of EVERYTHING in life while others always struggled. BOYYYYYYYYYYYY was I wrong! Shame on me!

I am sorry you are having a hard time with stress. That is not fun. Stress eating, and boredom eating suck. Sometimes I still catch myself snacking or going to snack when I am bored. I THINK I am hungry but I am not! I have stepped it up in the past 2 weeks and finally dropped 2lbs. It IS SO HARD to still stay away from old bad habbits. Just think of in the long run at the new job, more money, moving forward just as you should! I love love my job and have been here since August 2012, but its slowly getting time for me to move on, its my  first job in my career out of school (even though I have been working since I was 15). I HATE starting new jobs to meet new people, learn new **** show people what I know. It does get annoying and its soooo stressful. I stress thinking about it!

I wish you the best of luck with the new job, well deserved as usual. Just be cautious of the stress eating, we all know it's hard. I wont sit here and tell you DONT STRESS EAT, YOU CANT DO IT. Should you? No. Can you? Yeah, but in the long run it wont help much. But I say it because I totally understand. Chin up chika!

danixbanani
on 12/9/13 10:52 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Thanks everyone!  Yesterday was a tough day but today I'm feeling much better.  Here's to a better day!  broken heart

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 74 views