Eggs? Purée/baby food stage need ideas

Amy A.
on 4/12/14 10:37 pm - The Colony, TX

I am 3 weeks VSG  post op as of tomorrow. I have been on purée/baby soft food for the past week and will be for the next two. This does not bother me at all because I hardly eat haha! I do need some ideas variety and I cannot for the life of me remember if scrambled eggs are ok during this time or not! I'm terrified of screwing something up! Please share thoughts ideas, etc! Thanks! 

mkvand
on 4/12/14 10:47 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

I was allowed soft cooked eggs, but diet plans vary a lot by surgeon.  I also recommend eggface's ricotta bake recipe.  It tastes like lasagna.

VSG 1/6/14 with Dr. Alvarez

Bruce S.
on 4/12/14 11:08 pm - Chicago, IL
VSG on 03/24/14 with

I was allowed soft foods like fried eggs, tuna salad, fish mashed potatoes and the like one week out from surgery I am three weeks out and I've been on soft foods like those spaghetti, white bread and other stuff like that. According to the nurse practitioner after six weeks out I'll be able to eat a regular diet just the ounce or two of each for a meal.

have a great loss day

Bruce

Gwen M.
on 4/12/14 11:10 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I was allowed anything puréed. Soft scrambled eggs were fine too. I made things like meatballs and curries for my family and just puréed the meat parts for myself. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Tirza T.
on 4/12/14 11:13 pm
VSG on 01/17/12

I am a weirdo and kinda like my protein chicken soup and my bariatric Advantage shakes (which I always blended with ice) so I kinda still stuck to predominately eating that during the puree phase. I did add chicken (pureed baby food kind) to the protein chicken soup. Once I learned about ricotta bake here on OH...OMG it was like heaven to the mouth. Here is a helpful website with some puree ideas http://www.muschealth.com/weightlosssurgery/nutrition/RecipesPureed

There are more out there as well. The World according to Eggface was one I remember using and it was pretty great.

Good luck! It is funny how after being on liquids and eating small portions how real food truly becomes delicious (even pureed which sounds so unappealing).

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views