Exhaustion

RoxStar724
on 5/3/14 12:11 am
with

Hi Sleevers,

So I am 5 days post op today and feel more exhausted today than I did on days 3 and 4.  Is this just my body adjusting?  Its only 10 AM where I live and I am ready for a nap but dont want to get in a habit of napping.  

Had a hard time getting in the protein yesterday so I suppose that could be it as well.  All thoughts are welcome.  Thanks! 

Rox

Heaviest Weight - Nov 2013 - 264...Surgery Weight - April 28th 2014 - 237

Sandy M.
on 5/3/14 12:17 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I took two naps a day for the first week, then one nap a day for the second week.  It's perfectly okay - you'll wake up around day 10 feeling like you don't need a nap anymore!  Listen to your body - it's trying to tell you that it just had major trauma and needs to rest a little.

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Machelle.K
on 5/3/14 1:38 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

Remember you had major surgery and your body needs a lot of rest to heal and to loose weight. Make sure to get your fluids in and walk, and then rest rest rest...

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

Kelly Jean
on 5/3/14 1:51 am
VSG on 04/08/14

totaly normal.... I did the same and now Im 4 weeks out and I wake up every morning at 7 am by 9 pm Im shot I need to get to bed... before I would be up till 11-12 ish.... I figure that will slowely increase!!!! rest when you can....  dont over do it....

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/14 3:29 am - Canada

Sleep is healing...take a nap! 

sv_newbegin
on 5/3/14 5:27 am - NJ

You will definitely need those naps. At first I found out the hard way and tried to be superwoman when I got home because I felt so good. I soon realized that I needed to rest. I had to take a nap everyday around that same time everyday. I would sleep about 3 hours. It was great. Since I am going back to work on Monday I tried to cut back on them this week. Your body needs to heal. Take it easy.

chicaletta
on 5/3/14 5:49 am
VSG on 04/24/14

Yes it's normal and it's your body's way of healing. I agree that it seems the more days that go by I also seem to be more tired than earlier. I am on day 9 post op and doing the littlest task takes alot out of me. But my suggestion is to take full advantage of the recovery time ...including naps....because before we know it we will be back to the daily grind of our lives.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views