1 month out!

Homecoming
on 1/7/15 11:54 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

I think the first month has been smooth. I'm feeling good, feeling encouraged. My clothes are falling off. People are starting to notice. I don't miss many of the things I gave up cold turkey (diet coke!!!) and I'm focused on eating right.

On the flip side, I need to be counting better to ensure I get enough water and protein. The first few weeks it came off a pound a day so easily. Now I need to really focus and be better about counting! Also, it's time to step up the exercise!

Feeling encouraged and I can't wait to keep going!

MAchick
on 1/8/15 12:33 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Excellent job!  Tracking is definitely the way to go. It is easy for you to say,  "Yeah that was definitely 10 grams of protein!  But be a bit off. I tracked religiously the first couple of months to get a good hold on just how much protein and calories I was taking in. 

In fact,  I just logged my breakfast into mfp! Halfway to my minimum protein goal.

Great job and keep up the good work. Just remember that now is the best time to develop good habits. 

Tracy D.
on 1/8/15 12:57 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

The best thing that I did post-op was to get on MyFitnessPal.com and use that app to track all my fluids and food.  I actually would put in all my food the night before to make sure I would be hitting all my targets (no surprises!).  I would suggest you do that too if you haven't already found a food tracking program. 

Glad to hear that things are going well at 1-month out.  Keep up the great work 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

MAchick
on 1/8/15 1:44 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Some days I do this too! Then the next day it helps me say, "Hmm do I really NEED to eat this, or do I just WANT this?".

Gwen M.
on 1/8/15 3:46 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Glad things are going so well :)  Keep it up!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

PrayMore
on 1/8/15 5:25 am

Congrats! I'm about five weeks out and I'd agree with all that you said! I am tracking protein fairly accurately, but not the fluids anymore. And my NUT says we don't need to track carbs until three months out. Any thoughts on this? I guess because we're eating so little at this point and it is mostly protein for me anyway! 

I feel the same as you with the exercise and the weight loss slowing, too. I have a little incision problem for just one of the six incisions that I'm still waiting to heal! Going back to see my doc tomorrow... getting impatient on that one. But otherwise, smooth going for me. Best wishes as your journey continues Homecoming!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views