WATCHA EATING TODAY VSGers? Monday 07 January 2019

AnnieG522
on 1/7/19 6:57 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Good morning! Been up watching the ocean this morning; our last full day down here. Yesterday was perfect for ocean sailing, so friends got out the sailboat and it was quit a day!

I have a major medication change going on and was feeling gosh awful yesterday, but in reading a bit about it, apparently it needs food in the stomach. So had my yogurt early, and right now I feel ok. It will change the rhythm of morning since I like coffee with protein shake, then my med that is "empty stomach" and breakfast later when husband gets up.

At 65, I feel like I have entered that cone of health that gets tricky, but absolutely feel fabulous.

QOTD: Do you find you are going/or more interested in planning a real adventure now that weight is not your focus? For me, yes. My weight contributed to disabling angina, so now we can plan outings that mean walking or climbing. We are hoping for a cross country trip (God willing and finances holding out) by car, which will include seeing much of my family, and a week at the Grand Canyon. But even just going up to my daughter's 4 hours away by myself is something I couldn't do before. So hooray for VGS!

B: Chobani key lime yogurt

S: 1 slice bacon, 1 slice unbuttered mountain grain bread

L: Starkist tuna creations with soft mozzarella balls

D: Scallops appetizer at Ruth's' Chris

S: maybe some cheese while we watch the game

ROLL TIDE ROLL! (Alabama vs Clemson 8 pm)

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Liz J.
on 1/7/19 8:24 am
DS on 11/29/16

QOTD: Do you find you are going/or more interested in planning a real adventure now that weight is not your focus? Well, I'm still overly focused on my weight even a far past goal as I am and I'm working on that. to the question. We have done so much stuff since I'm a hit normal weight. We go to Six Flags, race go carts, went rolling skating, and so much more. we are both having a blast!

B- Protein Shake mixed with coffee

S- Protein bar/Greek yogurt

L-Chicken Salad w/avocado

S-Raw Veggies

D-Steak w/veggies

LNS- Depends on left over carbs

64 oz of water minimum

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

AnnieG522
on 1/7/19 12:30 pm
VSG on 10/05/17

How awesome that you can do things spontaneously that you couldn't imagine doing before! :) And yes, medication changes are always tricky. If it does enough to effect or firx something, it throws you all out of whack for a bit.

Kristi T.
on 1/7/19 10:20 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Enjoy your last day at the beach Annie! I understand medication change, I am on day 12 of one and it messes up my whole routine:-) Be patient and take care of yourself Annie.

QOTD-My father and I don't have a good relationship. One adventure I would like to have is to meet up with him either at the Pacific NW trail or the Appalachian trail and hike/camp with him. He is a major hiker at the age of 75 and we don't have anything in common, except now, hiking:-) This is something I would never have thought about doing pre WLS.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-Fage yogurt with fruit and pecans

S-Hot tea and turkey jerky or string cheese

D-tbd

E-short hike with my dog

Have a wonderful Monday!

AnnieG522
on 1/7/19 12:29 pm
VSG on 10/05/17

Kristi, I will hope for that for you. I'm from the PNW, and now live in the Carolinas -- the NW has way less nasty bugs than the Appalachian....but I'm guessing your father would welcome any overture from you.

Been a nice day - we're going out with friends for a bit, and then I'm coming back to our condo for a shower and football. I think my husband will go up to theirs for a bit but my stomach is being unreliable!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views