michele1’s Posts

michele1
on 7/24/15 5:54 am
Topic: RE: Spicy food

Great to hear you are doing so good!!! I still have a little tenderness and a little pooch/swelling so I may have to go back if it doesn't go away.

I can start soft foods on Monday and are going to have some refried beans with hot sauce if that goes well then going to have mushed chicken or that recipe posted! I am also counting the days for regular food but know the weight loss will come to a crawll

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

michele1
on 7/24/15 5:42 am

Oh yum!!!! That sounds so good, thanks for the recipe!!! I love spicy food!

michele1
on 7/24/15 5:40 am

Love BW3's!!!!  I can do without anything but need to have my wings, we bake them at home basting with Texas Pete wing sauce so no butter also but with the band they went down the easiest so were my choice when eatinng out!

michele1
on 7/22/15 4:16 pm

Oh you are brave, I haven't attempted sriracha at all yet.....saw a chef on Wendy Williams add it to mayo for a burger and it looked good!

I am so looking forward to some refried beans, heck anything soft at this point....the liquids are getting old. So necessary for healing though so I will deal with it. At least I can have pudding and cream soups, but even that is getting old lol!

Thanks for the support!!!

michele1
on 7/22/15 4:09 pm

That's what I was thinking!!! I figured it could be a irritant and possibly affect healing.....the only thing I miss is baked chicken wings with blue cheese, nothing else just that so I figured I might mix a little hot sauce and blue cheese on some mashed chicken.......great minds think alike!!!!

Thanks for the response!!!!

michele1
on 7/22/15 4:06 pm

Thanks for the response, I do have some gurgling when getting my water in but it is going down! Most of my swelling is around the two biggest incisions, I look like I have a spare tire lol..... I will ask them about it as well, not worried nothing red or too sore!

Oh, I can't wait to get off of full liquids then again couldn't wait to get off of clears before either lol!

Thanks again Carol for your continued support!

michele1
on 7/22/15 3:58 pm

Thanks for the response.....yummy just 4 more days till I can have some refried beans and mashed chicken with hot sauce!!!!

michele1
on 7/22/15 3:57 pm

Mmmm, I get to have some on Monday....just counting the days LOL! I saw something about spicy food interfering with the healing process somewhere so I wanted to check.

Great job on the weight loss, I haven't weighed since my follow up last week but that was only 5.....since I was a revision I don't have too much to loose and I am normally a slow loser anyway but way to go!!!!

Thanks for the response, going to dream of refried beans now LOL!

michele1
on 7/22/15 11:33 am

Hello!

Once again I turn to this wonderful group for advice and of course will consult my surgeon. Two weeks out today and finally feel like me again other than some swelling (either that or I am fatter now lol.) When did you lose all the swelling?

Couldn't have survived without you guys advice.

So naturally cravings have surfaced well one in particular.......I am craving hot sauce, common sense tells me not a good idea for a healing stomach. 

When were you able to have spicy or hot sauce, what phase, months or years out (hoping not years lol.)

Thanks again!

michele1
on 7/22/15 7:51 am
Topic: RE: Day 2 post op update

Congratulations! So jealous but happy for you I vomited/dry heaved for 22 hours straight lo,...I must say though my real pain didn‘t start till I got home. 

michele1
on 7/22/15 7:33 am
Topic: RE: partner suddenly asking questions

Some men are more visual. My husband didn't come fully on board till we went to the preop appointment and watched the surgeon draw and explain the sleeve and process on the erase board......oh and I explained everything plus he watched me battle with the band for six years. I am with you, he just wanted me to remove the band not get the sleeve until he went to preop appointment, I even had to get financing on my own... you can only do it for you!!!

michele1
on 7/21/15 7:58 am
Topic: RE: 5 months out and so excited....Onederland!!!

Awesome congratulations!!! Thanks for being an inspiration!!!!

michele1
on 7/21/15 7:43 am
Topic: RE: VSG with hiatal hernia or??

Had my hernia fixed same time as my band removal and sleeve.........no problems although I will be only two weeks out tomorrow lol. I had the best surgeon and total confidence in him. From what I hear some doctors aren't as confident or have done many and therefore lean towards bypass. 

If you have any doubts another opinion might be in order

michele1
on 7/21/15 5:36 am
Topic: RE: A few strange things happening to me since revision anyone else??

Yes, will  take it as long. as I can!!! Nice to see a band to sleeve success.....thanks!!!!!

michele1
on 7/21/15 5:33 am

Thanks for the response....I just hope it lasts lol!!!!!

michele1
on 7/21/15 5:30 am

I appreciate the response, never had a soft spot with the band....just one more benefit thanks!!!

michele1
on 7/21/15 5:27 am

Wow, I forgot about the hormones stored in fat...great point! will enjoy it while I can lol!! Yeah, never had a soft stop with the band!!!!!  Thanks!

michele1
on 7/19/15 8:40 am

I will be two weeks out from my lap band revision and hernia repair on Wednesday and are doing fine with the exception of nausea from my vitamins and tired of full liquids lol.

Now two things are happening that seem funny to me........ I am premenopausal and prior to surgery had hot flashes and night sweats now NONE, not that I am complaining but I think it is strange unless it is the diet?

Second my nose runs a lot and normally it doesn't do that anyone else....strange?

Loving the sleeve lifestyle so far, I feel so much better than when I had the band!!!! Thanks for every ones support through this!!!

michele1
on 7/18/15 10:29 am
Topic: RE: Why is everyone around me so negative?

I so understand, I just had a revision from the band last week and insurance only paid for the removal of the band. So I am now seriously in debt and due to all the negativity (oh that's a lot of money to pay what if you don't lose or are serious about it ect ect.....)

Well, I did it anyway (had to have the band removed and didn't want two surgeries) and are so glad that I did it even though it has been a rough week and a half.

Oh and one of those negative people called me today to remind me that it is national ice cream day saying it is soft you can have that right?? Oh, you can't change people just try to please yourself after all you are the one that has to do it!

michele1
on 7/18/15 10:12 am
Topic: RE: Whatcha Eating Today VSGers - Friday

Phase 2 full liquids.......

B: Atkins mocha late shake

S: unsweetened applesauce

L: Chocolate shake with PB2

D: Chicken enchilada soup (strained of course).

W: on track

V: trying they make me nauseous

E: a little walking still sore

michele1
on 7/18/15 10:00 am
Topic: RE: Goal!

Thanks for being an inspiration, congratulations!!!!!!

michele1
on 7/18/15 9:36 am
Topic: RE: DENIED~

I just had my band removed and revised to the sleeve along with a hernia repair last week. I too was approved for the band removal but not for the sleeve. I couldn't and didn't want to wait to have it out, didn't want more permanent damage, there was already a chance he wouldn't have been able to revise but did.

I unfortunately had to self pay and are now seriously in debt, but aren't sorry I did it and glad I did it all at once.

Once again I wouldn't wait though to have it out the band is a ticking time bomb......

Good luck, keep us posted

michele1
on 7/18/15 9:15 am
Topic: RE: No energy, not wanting to "eat"

Maybe you should contact your surgeons office to be on the safe side. I am only a little over a week out and aren't having any trouble like you describe, everyone is different though so I wouldn't worry too much. My concern would be dehydration if you aren't getting enough water/liquids in so be careful.

At my follow up they said the diet progression is just a guideline, you can revert to clears or any past phase if full liquids are too much. Have you tried some pudding, maybe a texture change.

I have no problems with room temperature water going down, full liquids go but I have to take them slow or I get nauseas but other than pain it is going ok.

Please keep us posted, sending prayers and positive thoughts!

michele1
on 7/16/15 5:52 am
Topic: RE: Should I revise my Lap Band to a VSG?

Same with the exception of the pregnancy lol. I am only one week out after revision to sleeve and hernia repair (band 2008), still have pain but can already tell the sleeve is better. My shakes go down nornal...no pooling feeling burping and then gurgling as it goes through (no matter what the restriction shakes always did that). No port jutting out......I am sure the list will get bigger!!!!!! So excited, no regrets which is good because self pay

michele1
on 7/14/15 8:48 am
Topic: RE: Anticipatory praising allowed

Awesome, very inspiring!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views