Hey Everyone!

jana_m_dowler
on 6/17/09 3:10 am - Rockport, WV
Well I am now on the losers bench. Everything went really smooth for Dr Shin.He was happy with how it went. Me on the other hand , I had really really bad gas pain. I don't think anyone could prepare you for something like that. I tried to walk as much as possible. They had a real hard time finding a place to put the i.v.  My anxiety level was extremely high when I was in anaestethia (sp?). But after they about 5 nurses they finally got an iv in and I felt better. They gave me some good medicine to help me relax before I went in.

When I got home on saturday I still had a lot of neck pain and chest pain from the gas. I think most of the gas has left my body now. I started getting my appetite back yesterday but I believe that I have it undercontrol. It is so hard to not pick up food I used to eat. But I know if I do , I will be paying some heavy consequences. I am down 6lbs so far and that feels really good.  The only pain I have now is where the port is and it is minimal. Only when I move around to much or bend over.  I have my post op appt with Dr Shin tomorrow. I am looking forward to it. 

I hope this is totally worth it. I can't wait to get over the first couple weeks so I can experience more of what real life is going to be like. I took all of next week off too. So I don't know what it is going to be like really until I go back to work.

Thanks for reading my long post.

Have a great day!

Jana
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/09 1:00 pm - South Point, OH
Hi Jana!  Congrats on your surgery!  Just remember to take it one day at a time and don't push yourself.  Wait until you see what the future holds for you.  It is a wild and enjoyable ride!
WVpaob
on 6/21/09 1:25 am
Jana - I'm glad to hear things went well and that you're feeling better.  Just hang in there.  Go through the steps ... liquid - puree - before long you will definitely be sayig "I love my band!".  Take it easy this week.  Everyone is different and can tolerate different foods.  You'll find your way.  Take care, sweetie!  Hugs, Pat
Cira S.
on 7/4/09 10:45 pm - Charles Town , WV
Hi Jana,

Welcome to the Loser's Bench!  I am so happy that everything went well for you.

I must agree with you girl that gas pain is a killer. I remember the day after my surgery I was trying to get out of bed for the first time and I could barely take a deep breath. The pain was excruciating from the gas pain and it was all in my chest and ran up to my nech and left shoulder.   I just recently had surgery just on June 26th and the same thing happened this time it went to my right shoulder, chest and neck.  It is finally getting better. I realize if I keep myself moving the easier it is to get rid of it.  A lot of chamomille tea helps too.

Wishing you all the best and I hope your return back to work has been uneventful.

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2004 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4710 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6312 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5638 views