not a joke, needing serious help.....

conniefay
on 5/1/11 9:02 am - TX
Wow!! Loved your helpful Post!! I too am having trouble with the Carbs...All Carbs...NOT just Cheezits---All Carbs and I can't seem to pull the reins in....or stop the voices in my head telling me how stupid I am....again....Thanks for the help!! Tomorrow is ANOTHER Day!!
Shana16
on 5/1/11 5:48 am - Las Vegas, NV
Maybe your labs are off and something in them that is making you want them.  Try raw veggies with salt and cheese dip???
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

cajungirl
on 5/1/11 6:33 am
Don't allow them in your house, don't buy them.  PERIOD.   If you don't have them you can't eat them.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 5/1/11 6:52 am
what Lady Tazz said is true - refined carbs will make you crave more!!!  you wouldn't be the first with this problem.

although I prefer Ritz Crackers.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/11 7:01 am - Santa Cruz, CA
The only thing you can do is to NOT buy the Cheezits.  I found myself buying mini-brownies, even as I knew I shouldn't eat them, and it was like I was in a zombie daze.

Do NOT buy them.  If they aren't in the vicinity you won't eat them.

To break the carb addiction, do the 5-Day Pouch Test which focuses on protein intake.  Do the entire five days, but don't continue past those days because it is not designed to be a daily diet.

The protein intake will help you to resist the carb urge.

Also, increase your B-Complex and Vit D3.

Good luck.

Meredith I.
on 5/1/11 8:19 am - New Bern, NC
A few months ago I splurged on Jelly Bellies and I thought they were going to take over my life.  Their flavors are to intense that one led to another, then another.  I couldn't stop.  Despite the sugar, I never dumped on them.  As soon as I finished a bag I would make an excuse to go to the grocery store to get more. I was not eating ONLY Jelly Bellies though.  I was still having healthy, protein-rich meals.  I'm off the JBs now.  *whew*  I can totally relate to your addiction to Cheeze-its.  They are awesome!  We try to limit the snack foods in the house now.  I was hiding my JBs in a drawer.  That's bad.  If you're hiding Cheeze-its, clean out the drawers.  I think "cold turkey" is the way to handle this one.  If you like that cheese flavor, eat real cheese.  As for the crunch, I'm trying to think of what I eat when I feel the need for that crunch.  Low-fat popcorn?  That can get addicting too though.
Meredith  Music Teacher in New Bern, NC (lost 48 lbs PRE-op!!)
http://bangertmusic.tripod.com/myweightlossjourney

MzScarlett
on 5/1/11 9:43 am - Seattle, WA
What is it about Cheezits? I find myself craving them as well and they were one of the main things I used to derail my diet. I've been eating super clean the past few weeks and feel lots better and the scale is moving again. I can't keep that stuff in the house! A box will call my name until I fini**** off.

Height: 5'9"     SW:287  CW:168  GW:160
missingmanny
on 5/1/11 10:03 am - Canada
I have heard that a craving for salt is indicative of a need for water...

HW 268  SW 261  CW 166GW 170 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com    

Rustys-Gal
on 5/1/11 11:12 am - Chesapeake, VA
As I was reading through this post chain, I was also
wondering if your body was craving the salt.  Unsure
if your Doc has screened for this, but it might be worth
looking into.  Could be that it is a mixture of the salt & 
carbs.... Don't give up....keep fighting...
So Blessed!
on 5/4/11 12:36 am
  angeldore, try making a healthy substitute.   

Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and put some sharp cheddar in it.  Let it melt down until it's browned on one side and then flip it to cook the other side.

Most of the grease cooks out of the cheese and when it's cool, it's super crunchy like a cracker.  It also has an intense cheesy flavor and is high protein and NO carbs. 

I do this all the time and it's one of my favorite snacks. 
Most Active