The Skinny ***** Phenomenon.

Elizabeth N.
on 10/30/11 12:12 am, edited 1/1/12 9:07 am - Burlington County, NJ

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/11 9:18 pm
A new normal=skinny *****~

After posting yesterday, I told my husband that I was ***** when I was fat, so what's the difference?  Not really...I have ***** potential but I tend to keep it under wraps.

I am a year and a handful of days out and now have a before and after pic you wouldn't believe.  I think I will shrink it to pocket size for whipping out when the occasion is right.  The weird thing is that even those closest to me have forgotten how heavy I really was and need to be reminded.

I have gone from a size 22/24 to a 2/4.  I have lost pounds and pounds but also the comfort zone in which to discuss the process of losing them.  I don't talk about it anymore after a light bulb experience at a family gathering sitting around a table of short, round women, all of whom are dicussing the best crash diets to use to lose weight for a wedding.  I put in my two cents and get the LOOK.  I was out.  Done.  Finished.  I knew where I stood.  Even though I have a lot to offer in terms of experience, they don't want to hear it from the skinny *****

You want to talk about dieting?  I'm likely to change the subject even though I can calculate the caloric value of your lunch in my head.  What a ride!

BTW, this comes from a girl who bought her Calvin Klein jeans in a size 10 in middle school.  I have NEVER been skinny, so adjusting to folks' impression of me as a skinny ***** is a stretch.
Elizabeth N.
on 10/30/11 12:09 am, edited 1/1/12 9:08 am - Burlington County, NJ

GD6
on 10/31/11 2:20 am - Hamilton, Canada
I was a MEGA ***** when I was fat becuase I was so miserable and hated myself so much.  Now that I'm thin I'm a much happier, nicer, friendlier person.
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

msroro
on 11/2/11 3:41 pm - Richmond, VA
 I had to bump this, the other day a coworker said to me...I am hating on you cause u lost all that weight.  I was shocked. I used to look like her I am still struggling with my weight. I am almost sorry I told her.  

I never thought about it being hrd to be smaller because i consider myself still but what i consider myself and what people see are differnt and its crazy

Heather :o)
on 11/2/11 10:17 pm
I am 7 years out, but I will never forget the feeling of harsh reality when I realized that not everyone is as happy about my weight loss as I am.

Also you know there are the haters that are just hoping you regain. Very weird, but true.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Elizabeth N.
on 11/2/11 10:27 pm, edited 1/1/12 9:03 am - Burlington County, NJ

Heather :o)
on 11/2/11 11:33 pm
Maybe it is just me? LOL
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Most Active