looking for advice or opinions

Hislady
on 11/3/11 2:59 pm - Vancouver, WA
I will just give you the advice that I learned the hard way, do not even waste your time with the band! It is being proven over and over again that it is NOT an effective WLS. My own docs prefer to not even do it anymore because of its low success rate and high problem rate. Myself I have had the band for over 4 years and have lost all of 20 lbs. I never had good restriction (common issue), I was always either too tight or too loose. Then after a couple of years it started tightening for no reason. My theory is scar tissue starts building up and causes tightening, but I have no proof this is the case. I finally had mine emptied earlier this year and what a glorious day that was, I can finally eat real food again and salads oh how I missed salads. They want you to eat solid protein like lots of meat but you can't can't get it down without significant pain. It was the worst time of my life! Right now I'm just waiting to see if medicare OKs the sleeve then I am going to try to get that done. There are many, many revisions from band to other surgeries. I wouldn't wish the band on my worst enemy.
Elizabeth N.
on 11/4/11 12:40 am, edited 1/1/12 12:21 am - Burlington County, NJ

Most Active