Need help getting my jeans on!

glzgowlass
on 12/7/11 12:35 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Anyone know which brand of jeans I should buy?

I am an apple shape.  Weight goes on the top half of my body first and leaves my butt and thighs for last.  Losing is naturally occuring in reverse.

My jeans either fit around the waist and are falling off my hips and thighs or I get a comfortable pair for my hips and thighs but can't fasten the waist.

Is there a brand of jean that favors the less common apple shaped women or are most of them designed for the pear shape?

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/11 12:43 am, edited 12/7/11 12:44 am
Im an apple shape too and like LEI brand junior jeans from walmart . The cut is very conservative and theyre quite stretchy ..... but fit very nicely in the butt ,
thighs and leg ( an area I like to show off)

while not being excruciatingly tight in the waistband esoecially when im sitting down lol. Also the rise is pretty high and as I have flank- fat issues ( love handles in otherwords just below my waist ) they cover , and dont define them...

These are my go to jeans for gardening , construction work and car trips where i have to sitdown for hours and DONT wantto have to unzip lol .

They can also be caught on sale selling in the low teens which is NOTHING :) . Dont be afraid to try a few sizes smaller than U think U need too .... getthe smallest U can fit into is my advice ... because the spandex definitely stretches over time...

Valerie G.
on 12/7/11 3:18 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Being a pear shape in the past and now an hourglass, I can assure you that jeans weren't made for that figure either.  I still struggle to find a pair of jeans that fit my ass and my waist at the same time.  If it fits my butt well, it leaves a gaping space in the back in which to toss skittles into.  I would think that Skinny jeans would be worth a try.  For me, I think I look like an exclamation point.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

stlfocus
on 12/7/11 3:25 am - IA
I had good luck at Old Navy.  First pair of jeans in YEARS that don't have an elastic waist.  Old Navy carried several different styles to fit different body types.
ROSIESMILE
on 12/7/11 3:45 am

Approx 2 years ago, Lane Bryant was the 1st company to design jeans based on a study of plus size women. 
I'd try there.
I have a very different body shape but loved my jeans from there.

oxfordcat
on 12/7/11 9:06 am - NJ
THey did.  And they were perfect.  THEN they changed them and now they don't fit like the used to.
"Something has changed within me. Something is not the same". Elphaba    
Hoosier_mommy
on 12/7/11 5:39 am
If u have a Fashion Bug in your area they have a clothes to cater to all shapes and sizes
Mary Catherine
on 12/7/11 11:37 am
 Go to Fashion Bug, have them measure you and they will find the size that works best for your body. They are inexpensive, but the great fit makes them look very expensive.
pjwilsen
on 12/7/11 12:36 pm
I found three good ones...I am also only 5'3" so that adds another challenge to the mix. All of these come in regular and petite lengths too. 

1. "Angel Brand"

2. J.C. Penney brand called "St. John's Bay - Curvy Fit"

3. "Not Your Daughter's Jeans".  Amazing fit, and was even able to size down. 

I devoted one whole day to trying on every jean I could muster. I think I lost a few pounds that day.

Keep in mind you may take different sizes, depending on brand.  

Good luck!
glzgowlass
on 12/7/11 12:43 pm, edited 12/7/11 11:18 pm - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
5' 3"? You giant, you. You got it lucky! I'm 4' 11" (and thats by rounding up)

Where would I look for #1 and # 3 are they all at JC Penney? I haven't been there in years, but will gladly go to find a pair of jeans that fit.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

Most Active