Brachioplasty, would you do it again?

lakoria
on 12/28/11 11:12 am - TX
I am scheduled for brachioplasy 1/10/12 and am still unsure if I should go through with it.  This is the best place I have found any info.  Please give me your feedback.
Nic M
on 12/28/11 11:17 am
I wasn't at goal when I had mine done and my arms are still chunky. However, the hanging glob of fat that used to be there isn't there anymore... and that's a good thing.

The pain was nominal... I had expected horrible pain and was pleasantly surprised. It was just inconvenient for awhile, but the healing went surprisingly fast. The pain was really and truly next to nothing. (In  my experience, anyway. And my arms are weirdly sensitive.)

Good luck if you decide to go through with it. I know a lot of people feel much better after brachioplasty. I just kind of wish I had been at a lower weight when I had it done... but that's my own issue! 

~Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Laura in Texas
on 12/28/11 11:38 am
Hell, ya!! My arms are awesome and I get lots of compliments on them. There is no way to look good with old lady arms.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

kathkeb
on 12/28/11 4:14 pm
Yes.yes.yes....I would do it (and my breast lift) again in a second.

The plastic surgery makes me look 15-20pounds smaller...even though only 3 or 4 pounds were actually removed.

Had the surgery 13 months ago with no regrets.

Having a tummy tuck with the same surgeon in 8 weeks and I can't wait.
Kath

M M
on 12/28/11 8:40 pm
 My mother in law had it done -- and required repeated revisions -- however:  her arms are DRASTICALLY SMALLER and worth her scars.  The drama of her recovery -- not worth it.   
lakoria
on 12/29/11 12:32 pm - TX

Thanks so much for your replies!  I see PS tomorrow and have lots of questions that I gathered from this site.  I'll let you know how it goes.

MyLady Heidi
on 12/29/11 12:38 pm
 My arms are still bigger then I wish they were but it was a super easy surgery for me, I didnt even have drains or swelling, had the surgery on Wednesday returned to work on Sunday, went to Cicago with a 50lb suitcase a month after surgery.  Add me as a friend to see my before and after plastics.
maryposa
on 12/29/11 1:08 pm, edited 12/29/11 1:09 pm - Orange County, CA

My arms were really really big.  It was worth it for me because I had rashes and irritation, itching, couldn't shave or wear deodorant because of the excess skin.  My arms are still not skinny, but my surgeon does revisions no charge so he's going to do a little more lipo and scar revision to my armpits.  Now I don't NEED to shave or wear deodorant on my underarms because that part of my armpit skin is gone lol

UNLIKE others here, I had a great deal of pain. I’ve had multiple procedures… breast lift, reverse tummy tuck, bra-line lift, neck lift and guess what?  The arms were the worst in both pain and inconvenience.  Not trying to scare you, just goes to show… every BODY is different 

PS I had 8 inches of skin removed off each arm.  That is a tremendous amount for arms.

Follow my progress on youtube!
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

MyLady Heidi
on 12/29/11 1:12 pm
And to me the neck lift was the living hell surgery, arms were literally nothing.  And you are right it really is different for everyone, I saw pics of such awful arm swelling and drains and I had absolutely none.
maryposa
on 12/29/11 1:29 pm - Orange County, CA
I think for me the neck was also pretty hard... the drain removal on that one was hell.  Who was your surgeon?

For your arms, did yours surgeon remove skin from the elbow all the way past the arm pit?  That is how mine was and the armpit area took forever to heal and caused limited range of motion.  I often wonder if those who had an easy time of it only had skin removed up to the armpit but not past.

I still get sensitivity and a nerve-tingly feeling in my arms, more than 6 months out.  For a while when I moved my arms certain ways, it felt like someone snapped me with a rubberband (nerves).   
Follow my progress on youtube!
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

Most Active