It's been 10 years and I have new food issues

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/12 8:53 pm
 Its funny some of us have a bit TOO much fear of regain and  as a result fear of food ...  and some of us are still in denial and  just eat too much , often outeating our surgeries best intentions over time. 

I'm in the latter camp and I frankly envy  the people who 've stayed in the former .

Congratulations on Ur weight loss and maintenance ... I WOULD try probiotics for the gas  and also gas x in the afternoon after small amounts of the offending fibers are ingested .  After a while the body makes something like Beano on its own and you  don't   blow up and feel uncomfortable after eating broccoli and/or beans .  Its a great blessing ! 

As far as  constipation / gas / feeling full and just generally feeling satisfied ( and HEALTHY ) go .. I vote for fresh veggies  every time, lightly cooked .  You get to eat a  large volume of delicious , beautiful food without the large amount of calories   ... and you also get teh enzymes and  vitamins that are NOT in vitamin pills that our bodies need . 

Right now I have baby broccoli sprouts and baby radishes and spinach in my garden.  Also brussels sprouts , leeks , green garlic and sprouting kale .  I try to eat one of these  ( from picking to table in under thirty minutes ) every day .  Keeps me regular and  the whole family rudely healthy ... and not hungry .  

Most Active