Should I choose Kaiser of Health Net insurance

phatygurl10
on 3/12/13 5:11 am - CA
RNY on 06/17/13

I will be starting a new job in two weeks that offers full health benefits. I haven't had insurance for about a year now and I'm having a hard time deciding between Kaiser and Health Net. I've heard Kaiser has very strict rules and can take up to 2 years for approval. I'm looking for the quickest process available. Any suggestions?

poet_kelly
on 3/12/13 5:32 am - OH

I wouldn't base my decision just one which policy will approve WLS the fastest, since there are other factors that may be important, too.  But I suggest comparing the two policies carefully in order to see which will best meet your needs.  I'm assuming that, like most insurance companies, those both offer a variety of different plans and since no one hear knows which plans your employer is offering, we can't really tell you which would be best for you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SandieMc49
on 3/12/13 6:12 am

Don't rely on "heresay".  Call BOTH plans and ask specifically about WLS coverage. 

- What types?

- What documentation?

- What requirements?

Linda B.
on 3/12/13 1:53 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

It depends on which Kaiser office you are assigned to. I am assigned to Fontana, I was less than a year, start to surgery. I do agree with other posters, check out both plans overall, There are so many variables that need to be considered.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Valerie G.
on 3/14/13 12:03 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

People usually get 30 days to select their healthcare provider.  The company should be sharing the policy details after you start, however if you ask now, they may send you the documentation for both for you to compare.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active