Doctor Shopping?

andyfl
on 12/31/13 2:51 am - boca raton, FL
Ps. I also take vit d daily..3000 iu and it is fine. Stop trying to talk urself out of this...it is a better way of life after the surgery.
April Martin
on 12/31/13 2:31 pm - MO

I feel you are on the right track. You need a physician you can trust.  I felt the  first one who did an open RNY on me did not have the right attitude and I had a total failure ending up with a fistula instead of a bypass.  The whole surgery undid itself.  I ended up in the ICU with a rare pneumonia which most people don't survive.  I went to an OH conference In Cincinnati OH about 2 years after this happened and I found a wonderful bariatric surgeon who helped me through this process.  He did a revision of my Open RNY and he was successful in getting the bypass to heal and work the way it was supposed to.  I have lost 253 pounds since that day and I continue to  lose.  I have about 40 more pounds to go.  I am determined that this is going to happen.  I currently wear a 16 and some 14s and I couldn't be happier.  but you need a fellowship trained surgeon who has an extensive preparation program to prepare you for the things to do and what to expect from the surgery.  Good luck in your continued efforts to find an excellent surgeon to help you.  The surgeon who did my surgery is currently in Columbus Ohio and his name is Thomas Sonnanstine IV.  You don't say where you are from but this is one fine doctor in my book. 

Most Active