Need to Be 10lbs Heavier by 04/28/14 - 1st Supervised Visit w/PCP

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/2/14 10:52 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

What a problem to have.  I envy you.  

I don't mean to minimize your problem.  You definitely want to qualify so start guzzling milk shakes and ice cream.  Anything with high fat that tastes really really good.   Eat a lot and eat often!

Make sure you wear heavy clothes for your weigh in.  They might not allow you to wear shoes on the scale, so think about carrying those little round washers in your pockets.  Take imodium for a few days before your weigh in to back up your drain.  Don't exercise, be a slug for the next few weeks.  Drink a lot of beer.  Eat foods with lots and lots of sodium.  I recommend junk food.

These ideas are probably not the best thing for your health, but I'm just brain storming here.  I gained ten pounds in a WEEK when I heard they found something suspicious on a CT scan.  Gaining weight has never been an issue por moi.

Good luck.  Report back with your progress.  The good news that most of these measures will result in water weight that can be quickly dropped when you start your six month diet.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

gabby169kitty
on 4/2/14 11:12 am

I will admit I also loaded up on junk food to make sure my bmi was 40. I was 2-3 pounds under. Turns out I didn't need to. I have mild sleep apnea, which I don't use a cpap for, and I get heartburn a few times a week. So I technically have 2 comorbidities.

Junk food, pizza, Chinese, McDonalds, regular pop. gaining 10 pounds in 3 weeks shouldn't be a problem. I'd drink a bottle of water before the appointment for good measure.

katiemae313
on 4/3/14 6:16 am - Alexandria, Virginia

It's good to read your post!  My BMI is currently over 40 (because I did all of the things the others recommended here before my first appointment) but it has not been for the past two years, which is what is required by my insurance.  I tracked down the results from a sleep study I had done in 2010 diagnosing me with "mild sleep apnea."  I too chose not to use the CPAP.

So, my surgeon tells me we are a go for surgery, though paperwork won't be submitted until next week.  I sure hope this happens!  Date tentatively set for May 13!

Grim_Traveller
on 4/2/14 11:55 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Be shorter. Shorter means higher BMI.

A gallon of water weighs 8-1/2 pounds. Drink as much as you can right before the weigh-in.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Maureen H.
on 4/2/14 11:59 am
VSG on 10/30/14

Thank you for all the help.... I will keep everyone posted. I hate the feeling of over-eating but I keep telling myself that the beginning of the end is near. Ate a large portion of spaghetti for dinner and a couple large glasses of water... Stepped on the scale 3lbs heavier at 243 versus 240 last night. I'm pretty sure that I can use a couple tricks told here to get to 250.  I feel miserable now but the weight loss journey truly begins 4/28/14.

Kasey J.
on 4/2/14 12:46 pm
VSG on 04/15/14

Ha! I thought people would think I was nuts for trying to gain weight weight before my first WLS consultation. I had to though or else I wouldn't have been able to have the surgery at all and I was only a couple pounds away. My little brother and I shut down a Chinese buffet the night before (not literally!) and I drank as much water as possible in the parking lot before I went in.  I did end up making it!

Mary Gee
on 4/2/14 1:13 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Rolls of Quarters works well.  Wear baggy clothing and fill your pockets.  Then think of the credit you'll get down the road when you weigh-in without the Quarters.  

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

MAchick
on 4/5/14 2:00 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I wouldn't put anything in your pockets or do weights. I've actually read stories where people have been caught and banned from programs and insurance coverage because it's considered fraud. 

I wore my heaviest jeans and a sweater, and drank PLENTY of water. Honestly, it's in your best interest NOT to gain extra weight by eating junk. it'll be that much harder to battle and that more of a stress on your health. You might awaken a carb beast.

Also,  they measured me like half an inch shorter than I really am,  which helped lol.

Most Active