The waiting game.......

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/14 12:03 pm
RNY on 09/08/14

I'm having surgery on Sept 8. I had my initial information meeting a year ago and my first official visit to surgeons office in sept 2013. I had a slight hold up of about 2 months while trying to lower my a1c. The best advice I received looking back is to not get frustrated in the process. Looking back I'm glad of the long process because I feel like I've reached a good place mentally. 

NikkyBeauty
on 8/25/14 6:52 pm, edited 8/25/14 6:52 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

So awesome!' Again thank you everyone for sharing if you don't know my referral was approved yesterday 8/25/2014 yayyyy!! I guess I was starting to get impatient because my dr sent my referral on July 30th but it didn't get to my insurance until August 12th and as of last week it was still being reviewed! So I felt like it was taking a long time but it took less that two weeks to be approved! But I'm so excited to start the process I guess I'll try to be as patient as possible being that this is going to be a process! Thanks for the well wishes I wish you all success as well!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

D66
on 8/25/14 10:08 pm

So far for me it's been 3 months...It took me that long to complete all the prerequisites. Now, I'm waiting on the call from the surgeons office now. I was told that I'll receive a call after he reviews my files to make sure all is complete....My insurance is Tricare

Most Active