Interesting Article on "The Biggest Loser"

InTransition
on 1/19/15 2:05 am
RNY on 09/08/14

I am pretty sure I would tune in to see somebody punch one of the trainers.  Just sayin'.  

Mstay1985
on 1/19/15 2:15 am - Birmingham, AL

I never understood how they didn't die from the sudden strain of extreme exercise. I mean i used to think that when I had back pain from standing and walking that I needed to push myself (my mom used to tell me this even when I was throwing up with cramps and sweating or breathing so hard I got dizzy). Doctor finally told me point blank that my only real option is wls at this point. Pushing myself would kill me from a stroke or heart attack with my health. Eating less is surprisingly not the answer since I apparently don't eat enough and am starving because of how much I weigh and need certain mount of calories to survive. Knowing this, I cannot understand this show. I get the initial water weight, but how are they fit to be filmed and it's no wonder they need medics on hand.

HarvestMoon1974
on 1/19/15 2:36 am - Keyport, NJ
Revision on 05/01/14

The methods used to "train" those contestants are a nightmare. The traiers are so cruel, especialy Jillian Michaels. I find it really ironic that she claims she quit because she was concerned about the poor treatment of the contestants. She was fired from her job as a fitness counselor on The Doctors, after she cursed out a guy she was "helping" and told him he needed to commit suicide.

So glad I never fell prey to that show.

" Life is a roller coaster, enjoy the ride"
Carol 378/189/170

Thankful for my little miracles Joshua and Daniel.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/19/15 6:04 am

I cannot stand her. She is a bully in a sports bra. One day someone will pelt her with rotten fruit and vegetables for being such a hag.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 1/19/15 5:01 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Thanks for posting that link.  I watched the first season of the show, but found it humiliating to the people involved.  I remember that they put jars of candy in the kitchen as temptation.  It's a exploitative, unrealistic view of long term weight loss.  I'm glad that some former participants are coming forward with the horrible tactics used.   

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active