Action Alert: Charles Barkley's Weight Shaming comments on TNT

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/2/16 10:00 pm

Even if he were forced to apologize, he wouldn't care. There are lots of people who think fat=ugly, lazy, stupid, etc. He is just one of them. 

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

dog_hair_dinner
on 5/3/16 4:43 am
RNY on 03/01/16

I'd love to sign this petition, and many others, but I hate how they need your address and stuff.  How can I trust that my information will be kept safe?

Eggface
on 5/3/16 7:55 am, edited 5/3/16 12:57 am - Sunny Southern, CA

It's like any petition really... they have to have proof you are human and not a bot.

OAC is trustworthy, NPO 10 years+ if that helps.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Sarahlicious
on 5/3/16 8:19 am - Portsmouth, OH

I understand your concern. I am involved with OAC and trust them, but here is their privacy policy http://www.obesityaction.org/privacy. Also the letter recipients, NBA and TNT, would only received your name and e-mail address as the e-mail will be "sent" from you. 

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/3/16 10:41 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

DONE!

I'll also add that it's fuc'd up that anyone would make fun of someone based off their looks. Fat bashing seems to be one of the few things that's still accepted in society. Obesity is a disease, he can't get that simple fact thru his thick skull. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Sarahlicious
on 5/9/16 5:54 pm - Portsmouth, OH

Yes, it bothers me that he is putting down women in general when the show is supposed to be about basketball, right? Why are they the topic of conversation at all? 

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Cheryl Denomy
on 5/3/16 11:44 am - Oshawa, Canada

And Mr. Barkley is freakishly tall.

Much as this kind of thing irritates the crap out of me, in my heart of hearts I know there ain't no cure for stupid.

chevtow41
on 5/3/16 2:49 pm
DS on 11/11/14

Everyone is offended by everything nowadays. Way bigger problems in our country than some has been basketball player talking about fat people. I'm sorry but PC is getting old.

SkinnyScientist
on 5/4/16 1:15 pm

He USED to be (and still may be) the male spokesmodel/asshole/whatever for Weigh****chers. He may still have stock with the company. So any amount of fat shaming that sends people running to weigh****chers just benefits his pocketbook.

No matter what he says/does, he wins. Money for being contreversial [sic] money for potential stock ownership for diet plans.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Most Active