16 days till surgery

Pattiquilts
on 5/8/16 7:23 pm
RNY on 05/24/16

Hi everyone, I'm so glad I found this site. I have so many questions and fears. I have been reading through a lot of posts and found a lot of answers. My biggest issue right now is starting my full liquid diet on Tuesday. I'm trying to get prepared. I have some protein shakes, broth, yogurt, applesauce, etc. I'm so worried about feeling hungry all the time. Im also concerned that I will have no energy or feel lethargic all if the time and not be able to complete my daily tasks. Any suggestions on ways to avoid these issues?

Cheremiste
on 5/9/16 4:24 am

In my experience, I felt hungry all the time the first two days of the diet (and I got to have one meal a day) but by the third day I felt pretty normal. I was able to go to work and do daily stuff. My advice is to drink plenty of water and drink as high a content of protein that you can get in the shakes. Use the hot broth when hungry; it fills you up. Good luck!

39 y/o woman | Height 5'11"| SW 301 | CW 233 | GW 175

RNY on 12/22/14

Pre-surgery they say that people have the stomach the size of a football - I think I was born with one the size of a watermelon.  So for conventional dieting - ie pre-WLS - I has to focus on making sure  I got enough VOLUME to feel sastified - that changes the day of surgery, so anything I say here is ONLY FOR PRE-WLS DIETS.

I have a sweet tooth - so I added diet orange soda (~6-12 oz) to a vanilla shake (8oz) and had a creamcycle shake - so about 20 oz of fluid for breakfast.  It got me through pre-op.  Can't do it post-op because of the soda but you won't need much volume to feel full.   Pre-op I used 12gm per 8 oz serving prot shakes so I could have satisfying volume.  Post surg - I used the 35 gms of prot per 12 oz serving prot shakes because you will not need volume to fill you up.

Pre-op - I also added diet chock soda to chock prot shakes.

I also ate low-sod chx broth.  total yuck, but a change from the sweet stuff.  Also SF Popcycles.

Eating and even my taste buds are so different post-WLS that you should not think that your post-WLS eating will be anything like your pre-WLS appetite and tastes. It will be a whole new and different world.   Halleluja is what I say.  Best wishes.

PS - Check on the applesause - usually they want you on a liquid low-carb diet during that last pre-op phase.  Applesause was not on my list(for before or after WLS), but yours may be different. 

Sharon

Most Active