Does anyone have a "go to" drink (water) enhancer that does not contain any...

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/21/16 3:02 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

If you're worried about the sodium, you can always water the broth down! My favorite is the stuff you can find in the kosher section of the grocery store, it's Osem brand chicken consomme. One serving is 840mg sodium, so that's about half your DV, but it's quite strong and you can make it half-strength with no trouble.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

The Salty Hag
on 11/21/16 7:31 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I buy Kitchen Basics stock. They have beef, chicken, and  vegetable and some other varieties like turkey and seafood. They make  original ( a cup has 430 mg sodium) and unsalted-it has 150 mg per cup. I've used the brand for years. 

The original has 1/2 the sodium of other brands, which I love. I usually buy the unsalted just so I can better control what goes into my food. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Pokemom
on 11/24/16 6:39 am
RNY on 12/29/14

No disrespect here, and no need to answer online.  I wondered if you  avoid other liquids for religious reasons?  My religion has a very strict health code, but herbal teas are just fine.  While some herbal teas are mixed with the tea plant, true herbal infusions are just like little soups.  There are many wonderful options, which I drink daily.  I like Teavana brand a lot, and Mighty Leaf brand. If you avoid for religious reasons, look at the label for caffeine free, or look for (to avoid) the teas from the tea plant, which would be black, green, white, and oolong.  

Kathy S.
on 11/21/16 2:52 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Lauren,

Go to Sprouts and they have small bottles (sample size) of different flavors of stevia.  I love berry, lemon, orange and peppermint.  Add it to your water and not only does it give it a touch of sweetness but great flavors.  

Check out this link and scroll down and you can see all the different flavors in the sample packs.

https://www.amazon.com/Sweetleaf-Stevia-Party-Liquid-Supplem ent/dp/B00C3B7EIK/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=14797687 03&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=sweetleaf+sample+pack

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Donna L.
on 11/21/16 7:25 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I toss some ginger into my water - I just cut it into slices.  A sprig of lavender is also nice, sometimes.  

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/21/16 8:45 pm
I like unsweetened ice tea, I use splenda but you could use Stevia.

Scott
Lisa F.
on 11/22/16 4:53 am
VSG on 06/06/16

I've used the True Lemon, True, Orange, True Lime, etc. packets. They have crystallized citrus and that's it. They come in individual packets. I find them in regular grocery stores where they sell sweeteners.

VSG DATE 6/6/16 | SW 280 | CW 198 | GW 175 | HEIGHT 5'8 | AGE 55

ORIGINAL GOAL WEIGHT OF 175 MET: 12/6/17 (18 MONTHS POST OP)

NEW GOAL: LOSE 20 LB RE-GAIN

Mell
on 11/22/16 8:16 am

I use a anise flower, or cinnamon stick, clove, even a vanilla pod (usually after I scrape the seeds out since they are expensive).

Decaf tea, it will brew in cold water just takes a bit longer.

Good luck

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Mell
on 11/22/16 8:17 am

Oh! And rose! I dont know how I forgot that, I looooovvveee rose! 

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Valerie G.
on 11/22/16 11:43 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Everything decaf counts.  I love decaf iced tea with stevia crushed in for a little sweet...and basil.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active